BENJAMIN TATTOO&DESIGN

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

BENJAMIN TATTOO&DESIGN

Postby joysquirts » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:13 pm

Hey guys I’m starting this post, its not about climbing its about tattoos, I don’t want this to turn into a post on the ethics of tattoos. (Keath that’s for you) I’m starting it to benefit myself, with a bit of free advertising. Hopping it will turn over some more ink slinging in the tight nit super friendly climbing community we have here…. aaahhhuuummm sorry my gooch is acting up.
SO….
I’m a tattooist, I started tattooing as a hobby, I do not work in a shop DT, I have a personal shop where I live. I have a small but solid clientele of friends, and friends of friends. But am now offering my services to the climbing community as a whole, you know, to bring some color to all you masters of stone, or mass stoners, whatever I just want to draw on you.
My prices are a low compared to the competition, I can do this because it’s a hobby, I assure you my equipment is quality, and my work you can judge for yourself.
Email me with questions or to see some work. Or ask them on here maybe we can start a huge heated debate, if we work together we can get this topic locked before it goes to a second page.

adambenjamin@hotmail
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Samples??

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:48 am

Sounds like a good idea, and hey, if you're into that sorta thing, tattoos can be badass... Do you have any art/drawings/jobs/portfolio on the internet? :?:

(You should, if you don't... So I'll offer my web design capabilities in the same thread. It can be the "help a brother start a company" thread, hijacked by me.)
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:04 am

awesome. I love tattoos. I've got 2 myself. I'd love to see some of your work etc.

:)

teth, you should move this thread to the 'general chat' room.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby guest » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:20 am

maybe you guys should stop telling teth what to move and what to keep in the discussino page he's moderating.

adam- your work is great, and if i get another tat. i'd go to you for sure.

denise

Postby The Teth » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:50 am

The compass rose on the small of my back is enough for me, but climbers seem to be second only to bikers for tattoos, and we are a lot more friendly. From that point of view I judge that although it is not strictly climbing related, it is of interest to climbers. It probably would be more appropriate for the general chat page, but as long as he is operating in Nova Scotia I am going to allow it.

Judge Teth
The Teth

Postby joysquirts » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:08 am

not to much of my work is on the computer, i just recently got a digital camera so all my latest tattoos are on here, but not on a web page. I can send a few to anyone interested.
To see all my work and custom designs or to pic something from the “wall” you would have to visit the house. Some day I will trade some work to a web designer to get a little site going but I have no interest in it at this point.
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:30 am

I just got my new tat on Friday...... I love Tattoo's - they make me feel all tough :-)
Chris

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:31 pm

not that i am worried, having one myself, but i guess there are no regulations on what can go into tattoo ink... i heard a bit on AsItHappens about a chem student in arizona is now doing her honours on this...

i guess there are no standards built around tattoo ink composition and that there are often many different metals commonly found in all the diff colours.

they didn't say anything about toxicity of those metals (silver, magnesium, chromium just to name a few), but considering the number of people and tattoos in the world... i'm guessing its not something we need to worry about. you'd just think that something as invasive as tattooing would have had some regulations applied to it by now. hell, i'm sure body paints must have limits on what can go into it!

Postby mike » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:58 pm

Get 'em Denise!

Muaaaa HaHaHaHa!!!!!!
mike

Postby mitchleblanc » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:18 pm

guest wrote:maybe you guys should stop telling teth what to move and what to keep in the discussino page he's moderating.

Maybe "we" should? And why is that? I'm pretty sure he's old enough to take care of himself, but good lookin' out mom. "Maybe" you should stop telling "us guys" what to say and what not to say on the discussion pages we're visiting. :idea: <-- good idea icon.
mitchleblanc

Postby mike » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:20 pm

Yeah, what he said, Denise

Muaaa Hahaha
mike

Board Moderator

Postby peter » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:02 pm

What Mike said.
For/against both sides.
As usual.
I think.
Muuaa Ha Ha!?
:shock:

PS If Teth now signs off as "Judge Teth", do I have rise when he enters the room, bow to him when I back out of the room, and call him "My Lord", like I do to all the other judges?

PPS Perhaps at the AGM we CNS members could present Teth with a bigger hat, in recognition of recent changes in his head size. The down side is that the hat wouldn't really match is small hands and feet.
peter

Postby The Teth » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:38 pm

Incase anyone missed the irony in it, when I signed off as “Judge Teth” I was making fun of myself for getting stuck in the situation of moderating between two opposing parties. I do not particularly enjoy this job, but who else here could take this much abuse without getting offended?

Perhaps, Peter, it would be helpful if you articulated exactly which of my actions has caused you so much offence and why they offend you. I would prefer to examine the issue of contention, rather than exchanging deprecating remarks to no purpose.

Teth
The Teth

Postby joysquirts » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:48 pm

you guys stay so calm in your telling each other off.. its really impressive, highly educated wise old man burns, haha if it were me id just tell you to frig OFF. but im just a tradesmen
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby mike » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:50 pm

Peter: Yeah, baby, stick it to the man!!!!!

Teth: You gonna continue taking this crap from yer plebs???

LOCK THE THREAD!!!!

MuaaaaaHAHAHAHAHA :roll:
mike

Postby joysquirts » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:50 pm

what... FU#K tuned into frig all buy itself.. what the frig, man its doing it again,, what the crap is this guys
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:05 pm

you people spend way too much time on your computers and obviously not enough time outside enjoying life, otherwise you would be so less jaded and nasty. jeesh.

isn't this post supposed to be about Adam's tatoos?

Postby peter » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:52 pm

Teth:

Give me a call then. You know where I live. You come here every month.

Remember that I grew up without the internet, chat boards, email or any of this flowers. You confuse "sharing opinions" with what people like me call actually sharing your thoughts privately with people you care about as friends.

If anyone has something to say about a friend of mine, come stand in front of me and say it, since you don't have the balls to stand in front of him and say it.

If you want to be Fred's bitch (he deletes posts he doesn't like, but hides behind you as Moderator when it suits him), power to you dude. You don't moderate this forum, unless the powers that be wake you up every once and a while and ask you to. It strokes your ego, but why does it need stroking?

I have listened to you drone on about nothing for a year plus on the CNS Board, and am just tired of it. I would rather be climbing, ice, rock, mountains, and frankly just can't stand the drivel.

Clear enough for you?

:D :) :lol: 8) :wink:
peter

Postby mitchleblanc » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:02 pm

Wow, you're an nice person dude. I'll come stand in front of you and say it.

You think you're somehow "better" than everyone else here, because you go on about how much "flowers" get sprayed, but then you go and do the same thing? WTF man? If you're such a cool climber who is so hardcore, then why ARE you on the forum? Hey tough guy, better get out and climb some mountains! Do you even climb?? You sure talk though! If you "grew up without the internet" (wow, you're f*cking cool, I wish I was hardcore like you, you computer illiterate champion) then how is it you've still not caught on, if you've been posting on the CNS forum for a year, and this forum for several months now? Maybe it's because it "suits you" to be a hardcore so that you can point out that Teth isn't.

Man, you're so full of flowers. I hope everyone reading this can see how hypocritical you are, and how much of an nice person you are. I think personally that Teth has done a good job, and isn't agressive (unlike you)...

You're one to talk about stroking egos, thinking you're the toughest (and most righteous) guy on the forum. You only don't need your ego stroked, because it's already as inflated as it's gonna get.
mitchleblanc

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:07 pm

MMMEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW :P

This is more fun than eating shreddies fer supper!

Postby mike » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:10 pm

Whoops- fergot to sign in... that merow was from me...

Muaa Hahaha
mike

Postby mitchleblanc » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:48 am

Peter,

I apologize for insulting you in my previous post, though I still disagree with the way you attacked Teth and Fred. To you and everyone else, sorry for making this a shittier place. In a moment of weakness and rage, I forgot the Nature Anthem. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Mitch

ps: How about them tattoos....
mitchleblanc

Postby peter » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:04 am

I am cranky only about 10% of the time, and only seem to do posts during that 10%. Mitch, we have never met, but thanks for your comments.

Mike, try to get a cereal sponsor for Georgia, as the plan to smuggle in plastic explosives and AK-47s to sell to the locals might not be the best. Honeycomb beats Shreddies.
peter

Postby The Teth » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:30 pm

I was not aware that Fred had deleted any posts on the Nova Scotia Page of this forum. I have taken very little action as moderator as I believe it best to moderate in moderation. I tend to lean more toward Mike’s open forum concept. I locked the thread because it looked like it had gotten heated beyond the normal heated exchanges of a discussion board and threatened to spill over into real life. I felt it best to let people bash me instead until things cooled down a bit.

As to my ego, it is in fairly rough shape at the moment. I feel tired, very tired.

Teth
The Teth

Postby martha » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 am

Fred will have to confirm if he deleted any posts, but he has (as far as I know) left all the modding to Teth unless something was so bad it had to be immediately erased.

I'm unsure when he will have net access next.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

he does

Postby climberwannabe » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:10 am

Jesus loves you :twisted:
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Return to Nova Scotia