tick marks

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

tick marks

Postby boulderbird » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:38 pm

Hey folks, a friendly reminder, if you are the sort who likes to put up tick marks, please scrub them off the rock before moving on to another problem or leaving the area.

thanks
boulderbird

Re: tick marks

Postby seanT » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:39 pm

But then how will i know where to put my hands and feet?
Seriously, though I thought the TMLF delt with tick marks years ago! god now I am going to have to take my brush out of retirement. The only thing worse then tick marks are tape wads, please dont tell me they are going to make a come back.
Sean T aka El Wipeo co-founder Tick Mark Liberation Front.
seanT

Postby joysquirts » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:30 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "laughin all the way from the sunflower bakery DT squamish, resting after a long day connect the chock marks"
ADAM BENJAMIN
joysquirts

Postby chameleon » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:57 pm

Sounds like membership in the TMLF is waning on the West Coast!

Seriously though, who really cares? Are we talking about chalked up holds in general being unsightly, or is it specifically only those directional tick marks that exceed the CNS/TMLF approved length of 3 inches? Personally, I find evidence of another climber's passing strangely comforting.

Sean

ps I should add that since the CAA (Crack Addicts Anonymous) was formed, addiction to crack is way down here on the east coast. It remains a problem, however, in Squamish, Utah, Yosemite.....lots of degenerates like Joi-squerts out there. Bohemians!!
chameleon

Postby ben smith » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:52 pm

boo hoo hoo- if you have a problem scrub 'em off and don't bother running your mouth about what a saint you are. who gives two shits about a line of chalk left on a boulder in the middle of nowhere.
ben smith

Postby chossmonkey » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:23 pm

I'd say if someone needs more than one or two tickmarks for hard to see holds they are either in over their head or climb mostly in the gym.

:wink:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Zamboni » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Aw, poor ben needs the tick marks / landing pads, as his sight is going bad from spending too much time up north on them drilling platforms loaded with other man. His free time is prob spent locked in the bathroom working on his grip strength!

:lol:

CB.
Zamboni

Postby ben smith » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:26 pm

yo conan- I'll be on the lookout for some route emphasizing right hand grip strength when I get home if you know of any good ones tick them up nice and bright...with all the "training" i've been doing i've been having some trouble with my eyes
ben smith

Postby mike » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:32 am

Locked in the bathroom???
Dood stop fantasizing about your work!

Guys on oil platforms get together for 'training sessions'. There's open forums to discuss technique and suggested eyelid movies as well as nutritional workshops aimed at increasing both volume and trajectory.

Mike

Egg whites and prune juice baby!
mike

Postby Stevo » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:07 am

I had been thinking about heading up to Fort Mac to look for work in the oilsands but you know what, I think I just had a change of heart!
Stevo

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:13 pm

Hey guys,

While I enjoy thread drift just as much as anyone, I feel that as a MOD I should remind everyone to keep their posts PG rated. :mrgreen:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Zamboni » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:43 pm

Good job Mike, Now you got the "MOD's" after us!

:shock:
Zamboni

Postby ben smith » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:07 pm

I dunno about these other sick f%*ks, I was just talking about working out with my blue rubber ring from MEC
ben smith

Postby mike » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:48 am

Crap!

mike

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:29 am

Zamboni wrote:Good job Mike, Now you got the "MOD's" after us!

Sorry, I'm just trying to keep it from getting out of hand so we don't have to get after you. A little innuendo here and there won't likely get you much (negative)notice, but it was starting to seem like it was about to go down hill pretty quick.

Carry on. :mrgreen:
chossmonkey

Return to Nova Scotia