CNS Photo Comp = $500 to be won!!!

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CNS Photo Comp = $500 to be won!!!

Postby tracstarr » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:03 am

That's right! If you want a chance at getting part of that $500 cash get your photos together!

CNS is putting on the first annual Amature Multimedia Photo Competition. Basically you need to put together a short slide show of your best climbing shots, add a little music, make sure you're a CNS member and hand in your submission. Deadline for submissions are Sept 17th, 2007. Full rules, regulations and details can be found at http://www.climbnovascotia.ca.

any questions can be directed to photocomp at climbnovascotia d0t ca
tracstarr

Re: CNS Photo Comp = $500 to be won!!!

Postby tracstarr » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:01 am

Deadline is moved to Oct.2. Is there even anyone out there interested in this or what? I can't believe people are passing up $500!!!!!!!
tracstarr

Postby peter » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:54 pm

The format amounts to systemic discrimination on the basis of age, as in, it is too complicated for the technologically uninclined. Power to those who can, however.
A monk asked Quiglin Shiqian, "What is a person who has realized the Way?"
Quiglin said, "Embracing the ice and snow, head and eyebrows held high."
peter

Postby seanT » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:54 pm

i concur. the amount of time needed for a technophobe like me to figure out how to do what is asked ie music slide show etc would far exceed the $500 prize, id be making like 5$/hour...
Sean.
ps for the record in Zoolander when they were trying to look IN the computer for the files... i felt thier frustration.
seanT

Postby Zamboni » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:17 pm

Sean, did you tell me in high school you learned how to program a computer with punch cards?

Cb. :lol:
Zamboni

Postby tracstarr » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:39 am

boo. didn't think it was that difficult. Programs like Picassa or Adope Slideshow are made for people like you. You just select the photos and click the make slideshow button.... done.

but alas, I guess it's too much for the average person. THat's too bad. But how else can it be about multiple pictures and not just one ? I don't want a one picture entry. That's not worth giving away 5 bills. But perhaps a compramise is in order?! you guys let me know what you think would be best.
tracstarr

Return to Nova Scotia