1 good reason for gluing and chipping

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

1 good reason for gluing and chipping

Postby SeanT » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:11 pm

As my good freind Toddles lays on his back nursing twin sprained ankles resulting from a fall off the crux of Mega Man all i can think is if I had of glued that big jug back on where it had pulled off this never would have happened. With all the people getting put into the hurt locker lately I am thinking that lawn bowling is sounding awfully apealing. And I would probably quit climbing to take it up but there are so many opinionated lawn bowlers....and the petty squables over which grass is best to bowl on and whether its ok to cut the grass or just bowl on it the way mother nature intended. Dont even get me started on the bowlers who are constantly telling everyone within earshot about the best way to bowl, and how much experience they have bowling. And the politics Good Gravy, I wont even go there. Mabye lawn bowling is not for me either....
Parcheesee anyone?
ST
SeanT

Lawn Bowling

Postby peter » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:21 pm

It would be a natural transition, as grass is important to both Bouldering and Bowling. So I am told, anyway.
peter

Re: Lawn Bowling

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:46 pm

peter wrote:It would be a natural transition, as grass is important to both Bouldering and Bowling. So I am told, anyway.

lmao :)

Postby tracstarr » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:47 pm

dude, is he ok?
tracstarr

Postby Richard Eh! » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:57 pm

Ah, Sean, take heart! If nothing else, you've discovered that the hardships and suffering of close ones bring wonderful insight into the failings and foibles of others....as long as one doesn't get bowled over, eh...
If'n ya think ya can, ya can! If'n ya think ya can't, yer right....!
Richard Eh!

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:00 pm

...all this from a guy who broke his ankle walking his dog. now, that's dangerous!

Postby mike » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:16 pm

thank god you hit the 'l' instead of the 'n'.

things could have got a little rude.
mike

Postby nsintros » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:13 am

Does it make it ok to glue on a hold to every route which has a potentially dangerous crux? why don't we just glue/bolt on big jugs to every high ball problem. While we are at it why don't we make that every hard route, we don't want to hurt our egos along with our ankles now do we.

I say f*#$ chipping, glueing and bolting on holds for any reason! :evil: there is no reason for it. You are responsible for evaluating the dangers of a climb and deciding if you want to take certain risk/chances involved with that climb.

Apparently you've never read those warnings on climbing gear that say "climbing is inherently dangerous".
nsintros

Postby C. Eager » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:22 am

I think Sean was taking a lighthearted stab at a inside joke regarding this particular problem, and the message board. It seems to be the style of the times to push peoples buttons on this board, which while non constructive is still very entertaining. I was with Todd during his mishap, and I'm not sure if the afore mentioned hold would have made the difference, I did Megaman again and while I found it as exposed as ever, the missing hold didn't make the top out section any harder in my eyes, as you still have to make that sidepull to sidepull body transfer at the top. I think Todd's injury may have been caused by his new shoes, and some bad pad placements. Megaman has a pretty bad landing area, so for future endeavors fall softly and carry a big pad. I managed to blow a tendon two hours later at the gym, so add me to the injury reserve.
C. Eager

Postby seanT » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:14 pm

wooooaaaa buddy(thats a term we use up here in the maritimes) you need to take some prozac. I know its all "live free or die" down in NH but jeezzzzz. Apparently youve never met me cuz if you did you would remember my 6'2 +200# of hulk like massiviness. It would be my pleasure to rip off 1 of yer arms and club you to death with it.
peace
ST
seanT

Postby martha » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:23 pm

growth spurt sean?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby C.Eager » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:51 pm

Growth spurt what are you talking about? Sean's like the Vince McMahon of Bouldering around these parts, CEO of the WBF and the NSBL. Bow Down to the Chief Rocka!
C.Eager

Calling Out

Postby peter » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:46 am

Hey, nsintros:

If you are going to run someone down, do it with style, like Willie had the Duke of Kent do, in King Lear, Act 2, Scene 2. Tell him he is,

"A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a
base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited,
hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a
lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson,
glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue;
one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a
bawd, in way of good service, and art nothing but
the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar,
and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch: one whom I
will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest
the least syllable of thy addition."

Now that's telling him. Bring it on!
peter

Postby martha » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:50 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love shakespeare.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

glueing & chipping (ie...cheating)

Postby mad jock macrock » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:53 am

[quote="nsintros"]Does it make it ok to glue on a hold to every route which has a potentially dangerous crux? why don't we just glue/bolt on big jugs to every high ball problem. While we are at it why don't we make that every hard route, we don't want to hurt our egos along with our ankles now do we. ....WELL SAID THAT MAN !!
mad jock macrock

Return to Nova Scotia