Top-roping or sport in Wolfville -> Windsor area

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Top-roping or sport in Wolfville -> Windsor area

Postby FireNoodle » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:21 pm

Just joined, only home for a month, looking for some good spots in my area. Know of any?

Cheers,
Colin
FireNoodle

Re: Top-roping or sport in Wolfville -> Windsor area

Postby Zamboni » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:27 pm

There is ice climbing along the bay of funday, but the rock isn't near solid enough for climbing. You can try and check out Baxters harbour.

Chris Eager and I checked out some stuff along Hwy #14, just past Martock on the RHS.

Open up link below.

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=44.88 ... &z=16&om=1

Turn into the drive way by the #14 marker, park next to the gate and hike to the brook on the right. Cross it and start up the hill to your left. There is stuff all along that hill side. We found a small wall on the top, way to the left with some cracks you could lead, but most of it was just hill side, steep landing, mossy bouldering.

I do remember a huge boulder on our hike out towards the bottom of the hill. It had a hunting blind on the top of it, and it was caked in moss. Might be 3 ok lines on it.

Let me know when your finished pulling off all the moss, I'll come out and climb them.

CB.
Zamboni

Postby FireNoodle » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Ok, I think I know the spot. I'll check it out once the woods dries out and report back.

Thanks for the beta!

-Colin
FireNoodle

Postby The Mitt » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:01 pm

In Greenwood there is some top roping and potential for sport routes at the "old mill" Not bad just pretty short as I remember

Mitt
The Mitt

Return to Nova Scotia