A lift in the next few days?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

A lift in the next few days?

Postby gaz.marshall » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:38 am

Hi there,
I'm on vacation from Scotland and have a few days to kill in Halifax. I don't have any transport but am pretty keen to get out bouldering either tomorrow (29th) or thursday. Is anyone from within Halifax going for a day trip and fancies taking along a newcomer? I'll pay my way, honest. I just bought Halifax Bouldering and am psyched!
Alternatively, any advice on getting to any of the local spots using public transport? It seems pretty hard from what I hear.
Thanks for any help.
Gaz.
gaz.marshall

Re: A lift in the next few days?

Postby Scooter » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:13 pm

I will more than likely be heading out on wednesday.
Do you have a number I can reach you at if I do go?

Scott
Scott.R
Scooter

Re: A lift in the next few days?

Postby gaz.marshall » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:59 pm

Hope you get this in time. I've got a british cell phone number, which is 07970847258, however you may need to replace the first '0' with '44'. Im not sure how it works. Would you just be heading out for the day, and where would you think of heading?
I was thinking of just getting a bus to Herring Cove and maybe hitching to Chebucto Head in the evening and camping somewhere down there to climb on thursday - the reason being that I'm not sure if there is room in my hostel for me tomorrow. Is it cool to set up camp anywhere? I'm not sure how things work here.
If you get this in time and still fancy heading out then give me a shout, otherwise I'm thinking of getting a bus around 10.30 and seeing what happens.
cheers,
Gaz.
gaz.marshall

Return to Nova Scotia