Bridgewater Boulders?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Bridgewater Boulders?

Postby the kydd » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:54 pm

Hey Jeremy, in an eariler post you said that you have found some boulders in the Bridgewater area. I'm originally from B'water and am heading that way for Thanksgiving weekend. I was wondering if you wanted to share the location? I'd like to go check them out.

I've done some half-assed searching in the area and haven't found much.. There's a small boulder in Broadcove (on bear trap road) that I've played around on, but not worth making a trip..and one off of old Hwy from Conquerall Mills heading towards Petite Riviere, however, I haven't stood beside it, because it is across the petite river and haven't figured out how to get there... It's definatly through private property...

Thanks!
Jeff
the kydd

Re: Bridgewater Boulders?

Postby Zamboni » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:12 pm

Exit #7, has boulders right on the highway, and up the hill from the parking lot.

And try porcupine forest around hubbards area.
Zamboni

Postby the kydd » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:09 pm

I've been to the boulders at exit 7 before.. i might hit thoes on the way back to bridgewater as they are so close to the hwy... i will check out the porqupine forest some time...

nothing closer to bridgewater though, eh? i'm sure there is somewhere... i've heard rumors of possible rocks in the new germany area (from locals).. perhaps i'll go for a stroll this weekend..

thanks cb.. happy turkey weekend.
the kydd

Postby The Mitt » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:32 pm

Years ago the dept of highways had an issue with people climbing near exit #7. Just FYI

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby the kydd » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll wear my invisibility cloak!
the kydd

Return to Nova Scotia