new to halifax

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

new to halifax

Postby chris_23 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:17 pm

hey

my name is chris and im new to halifax(just moved in yesterday). Im looking for a climbing partner in the halifax area or just someone who can show me around. I have a crash pad but no vehicle so id be interested in checking out the herring cove area as the halifax bouldering guidebook i got says that you can get there on the bus. Let me know if theres anyone who wants to go climbing...Im into bouldering and would be interested in roped climbing but havnt really had any outdoor experience with it. I climb about a v2 so still a bit of a begginner but am really pumped to get out there and climb let me know i dont really know anyone in the halifax area yet and especially nobody who climbs so any help finding my way around the rocks would be aesome!

thanks
chris
chris_23

Re: new to halifax

Postby chris_23 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:57 pm

well ive headed off on my own to do a bit of exploring at herring cove...the guide book doesnt cover it but its accesible by bus so i thought id give it a try. Had a couple of beutiful days but am still looking for anyone who wants to show me some of the other areas, i also heard there was some climbs right in town somewhere, is this a rumour or what?
chris_23

Postby The Mitt » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:01 pm

You can get to Eagles nest via bus I think. Its in Bedford. Its also a total choss pile. Keep watching the board for stoners days out. Your welcome to join us.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby chris_23 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:55 pm

cool id really like to make some contacts as climbing by myself is...well not as fun as climbing with other people
chris_23

Postby Scooter » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Yo,

I'll be heading out tomorrow early morning-ish, where abouts in hali are you?
whats your number?
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby chris_23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:50 am

hey sorry i didnt get this till early this morning are you still going out, send me an email at chris.volkart@gmail.com and ill give you my addy/phone number...
chris_23

Return to Nova Scotia