can anyone identify these problems?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

can anyone identify these problems?

Postby chris_23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:18 pm

hey i took some pictures of me climbing at herring cove in hopes that some of you could identify them

thanks for any help

chris_23

Re: can anyone identify these problems?

Postby chameleon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:43 pm

1) Dyno-flatulator [assuming you came at it from teh 2 dynos below as opposed to traversing along the lip. There's a few good traverses here and a highball crack to the left.

2) I think this was called Slime Wall, a few variations here. Ok.

3) Not sure about your last one, is it close to the start of the trail or the end?

Between Dynoflatulator and the trailhead, did you get on an overhanging high-ish triangular feature? Great problems come up either arete - these are fairly new I think because there used to be boulders in the way (moved by ice in the winter.

- Sean
chameleon

Postby chris_23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:55 pm

the last one was near the start of the trail i guess it was down near the water kinda steep to get to kinda hidden, neat problem with a sketch landing
chris_23

Postby chris_23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:58 pm

also i didnt hit up that rock because the landing seemed a little too sketch for just one pad and no spotter...maybe if i go climbing with someone else i could try it
chris_23

Postby chameleon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:19 pm

yeah, that triangle boulder is a little high.

Self-portraits while climbing - that's novel....practice for your obligatory bouldering video starring you, I suppose!! :twisted: Just kidding. Actually, that first photo you took is pretty good for what I suppose was a timed shot?

S
chameleon

Postby chris_23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:55 pm

well its acctually a remote timed shot, so essentially i climb halfway to a point i can take a hand off and i pull out my little remote fire it off put the remote away and then keep climbing and five seconds later the camera goes off...my camera doesnt have a video setting as it is an slr, however i do have a smaller point and shoot that can take videos...id also love to take pictures of anyone else...its not so fun to take pictures when you cant really set the shot up the way you like it...you jsut gotta leave it on auto prop it up as best you can and get what you get.
chris_23

Postby chameleon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:07 pm

cool.

As far as shooting other people, I'm sure you'll get somebody keen to get out there with you.
For myself, I anticipate a limited number of sessions in the next couple of months commited to being pathetic on the end of a rope..therefore not much interest in hitting the boulders -- but there are lots of keen ambassadors out there....I'd stay clear of Scooter though, and Stamp always gives me the creeps (ha!ha!)

Another good place to meet people is at Ground Zero's monthly bouldering "league nites" (1st or 2nd monday of each month?) - very chilled atmosphere, mostly boulderers, good folks. I'm sure the Rock Court has some similar opportunities.

Good luck
Sean
chameleon

Postby chris_23 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:30 pm

how do you get involved with that gz bouldering night?
chris_23

Postby the kydd » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:22 pm

Monday November 5th, 6pm - 11pm... at GZ climbing gym.

I think it's $25 or $30, and that gets you in for all the league sessions... so all the first monday's of the month.

There are 30 new problems a month, with a point value assigned to each, you get 50 bonus points for every problem you complete on league night. The problems stay up for two weeks, and as you send them, you check them off your list... actually, some problems stay up longer, but you can't get points for them after the 2 week period is over.
the kydd

Postby chris_23 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 am

is it only a indoor?
chris_23

Postby boulderbird » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:02 am

The Bouldering League is an indoor thing, yes, but you meet people there who have cars, pads, ropes, and a fondness for real rock.

If you want to meet local climbers, a gym doesn't suck. You get a chance to feel people out before being trapped a full day in the LoC with them.
boulderbird

Postby Zamboni » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:07 pm

By "them" what you meant to say was "Ben", AKA Homeless boy!
Zamboni

Postby Scooter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 am

Chamelllllllllleon is just in denial that Stamp & Scooter are the dead sexiest climbers that have ever walked the planet!

Stamp & Scooters next adventure...... bolting cracks at first face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Scott.R
Scooter

Return to Nova Scotia