CNS $$$$$$$

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

CNS $$$$$$$

Postby tracstarr » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:57 am

well, just out of curiosity, since there is so much talk about wasting certain amounts of money..... how much does CNS get each year? I mean, does the government give CNS money? Other organizations/companies donate some? CNS member fees? Where does the money come from? and then where does the money go? Do CNS members have the opportunity to see exactly where the money goes each year? What about the general public? And if so, how can I see this for myself?
tracstarr

Postby martha » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:36 am

Everything is laid out at the AGM. Exactly where we got money, where it was spent etc etc. No money is spent without the approval of the board.

You should be able to look at the minutes from last years AGM to see the financials at that time.

All of this information is available.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby dcentral » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:52 pm

I'd assume they'd get money through Sport NS since they are a registered sporting organization.
dcentral

Postby The Mitt » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:58 pm

Money comes from Sport NS, membership fees and any events that run over cost. The money that comes in is based upon membership, or at least it was 4 years ago.

Any member of CNS/Sport NS has a right to look at the books.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:17 pm

Even IF the government gives CNS money, that doesn't make it ok for CNS to go and waste it on gear storage. $480 per year...that's a lot of bolts, hangers, drill batteries, clean-up days, someone could be paid for to travel elsewhere in Canada to check out what other climbing organisations are doing, the list is endless!

Postby C.Eager » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:13 pm

CNS has a drill, he have batteries, and do you even know how much bolts cost? Haveyou even read the route development policy or New route funding policy that is so conviently located on the CNS site or do you just enjoy spraying on this board?
C.Eager

Return to Nova Scotia