Ba Ba Black Fly

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Ba Ba Black Fly

Postby chameleon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:40 pm

After the rains last Sunday, Rich and I went into the Skull Rock area.
Hit the Cassidy Boulders for the first time(!)---kinda wet. Still looks like some quality lines to be cleaned off there....
Eventually got to the Vision Boulder (I think that's what it's called---the big square one.)
After bolting the Knobs of Bishop (you can never be too safe!) we set to work on a wicked line on the tall face just left of the right hand arete. This may have been climbed already but I recall working it with Mike Kohler a winter or two ago and getting consistently shut-down. Anybody know if it's been climbed before?
At any rate it goes now (~V5) - Rich sent it and I got to the top in two pitches (will return to set a belay station at the mid-point later). Very cool route---i mean problem. If it's a one, Rich is calling it "Black Fly".

Ba Ba for now.
chameleon

Re: Ba Ba Black Fly

Postby Stevo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:50 pm

Yeah that wall is viciously foreshortened, it looks 15 feet high when when you are 2 km away then when you arrive, wow, it still looks 15 ft high. Hey I can lend you my portaledge if you want a cozy 2 man hanging bivouac when it's turning into a multi day problem, er, route!
Stevo

Postby seanT » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:30 am

On a serious note here that is a nice send Rich...you are UNSTOPABLE!!! What did you think of knobs of bishop?Next time out there do the SStart on the far left arete Killer!!!!
Sean. O and yes that was a FA so add Ba bA Black fly to the list of sickness.
seanT

Postby Rich » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:37 am

Wow - that's an awesome boulder! Didn't actually get on Knobs of Bishop but I think it looks pretty rad - its on the winter tick-list for sure - along with the arete you mentioned - that thing looks hard - must work on pinch strength!!
Rich

Return to Nova Scotia