Coastal Renovations

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Coastal Renovations

Postby Nate » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:57 pm

I got a chance to check out the boulder shifting in Prospect last night. Wild! This recent hurricane packed a much bigger punch than hurricane Juan. Back Breaker start has no boulder beneath it (the name sake is still there unfortunately), Arm Bar has a flat landing, the arete to the right of Arm Bar has a big boulder under it, Sang du Dragon is even worse than before, and the most amazing change I saw was that the Fishing Girls boulder and the Evil Twin boulder are now spread apart a couple meters.
Has anyone seen Polly's or Dover? I can imagine those areas saw some major changes..

Nate
Nate

Re: Coastal Renovations

Postby boulderbird » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 am

!!!!!
boulderbird

Postby jeremy benjamin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:17 am

Sounds like the traverse called having twins from the left side of the fishing girls boulder to the right side of the evil twins boulder just got a lot harder. I don't know if it was mentioned on here yet but this summer we noticed a boulder that was moved to block the start of Debbie Does Dynos, also at prospect. I don't know the beta for the start but it seemed like this boulder pretty much made starting the problem impossible. Pretty impressive to see the power of the ocean moving these big ass rocks around like nothing.
jeremy benjamin

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:26 pm

Haha yeah, for Having Twins you have to swing your legs a ways over to the other boulder and sort of half mantle your way across. Pretty funky stuff..

Nate
Nate

Postby jeremy benjamin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:25 am

I got out to Prospect for a walk to check some of this boulder moving for myself. Wow, really glad I wasn't there when all of that went down. The boulder that had been moved to block the start of Debbie Does Dynos is gone so the problem is accessible again, and I couldn't see the boulder anywhere. Sang de Dragon is so close to being accessible again. Anyone have a cordless drill and ten thousand match heads? there is one rock right at the start that needs an adjustment.

Has anyone ventured to any other coastal bouldering destinations yet to see what has changed?
jeremy benjamin

Return to Nova Scotia