The Route Season is Upon US :)

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

The Route Season is Upon US :)

Postby The Mitt » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:19 pm

Hey for all you chumps who did not get out today. The day was OUTSTANDING. The Stoners had its weekly meeting and some easy, and hard s_h_i_t got sent while some insane OFFWIDTH (chris H you would love this s_h_i_t) will go any day now. For all those addicted to Crack the season is started with a bang. Rumors are the stoners will have a website soon with all the new routes in NS.

PEACE
MITT
self appointed information, public affairs and Moral officer.
So if you need to know what the stoners are upto or just wanna hug let me know :)
The Mitt

hugs

Postby mad jock » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:59 am

mitto... you ever try to hug me then I will give you some f...n PEACE, mate !!.... however, I am interested in your Moral Views, can you elaborate...?
mad jock

Stoners

Postby peter » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:25 am

Mad Jock:

Here's a hint, respecting the morals and morale of the Stoners, based upon our method of route name selection. One route put up yesterday takes its name from the title of this Old Rock Classic:

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/queen ... girls.html

Sean, Stevo: "Blue Eyed Floozy". What do you think?

I think "Old Rock Classics" could be the basis of all names, since we are putting up old rock classics.

8)
peter

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:43 am

Where were you guys climbing yesterday (which crag)? You sound pretty psyched! :D Route development makes me happy too!

kate

Postby Stevo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:54 am

Hi Kate,
This crag is known as "The Cave" and is on the "Admiral loop trail" accessed from the Musquodoboit rails to trails. The crag is small but has great features.
Details and photos will follow soon but briefly it now has four decent trad routes.

Troglodyte: 5.8. Start at 'The Cave' sign, climb middle of wall and traverse R under overhang.

Blue Eyed Floozy: 5.7. Corner, overhang and crack in middle of cliff.

Fat Bottomed Girl : 5.8 bouldery start. This climbs up middle of feature looking remarkably like big bottom. Finish direct up slab.

Jenny Wren: 5.6. Overhang and crack at R end of cliff.

Cheers
Steve
Stevo

Postby The Mitt » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:45 pm

Hey Mad Jock,
Your missing out dude. The stoners are going strong. As for Moral vice morale (stupid wine) :lol: spelling while sober is bad after a bottle of wine look out. We are know I have littel to no morals :)

The 5.6 is a great climb for its length (about 8 meters) with alot of features and even a roof. The gear is bomber. Some great climbs.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:46 pm

hi Steve,

is this area AKA the Railway Crag, or is it just another cliff in the same area?

kate

Postby The Mitt » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:58 pm

There is still potential for routes in that area, also some pretty cool boulders.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Stevo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:49 pm

Kate,
This crag is in the forest above Railway Crag. I discovered it while hiking last year on one of the recently developed trails. There has also been some climbing activity on a small crag to the north of Railway at about the same elevation adjacent to the disused railway line, thought neither of these cliffs are mentioned in the latest climbing guide. There are a number of other cliffs in this region awaiting development, including the fabled "Promised Land", and also a huge number of boulders yet to be touched. A fine place to explore.

Cheers
Steve
Stevo

Return to Nova Scotia