Booooo YAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Booooo YAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby mike » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:15 am

Pete and I just got confirmation of a full sponsorship from Seirra Designs for our trip to Russian Georgia in persuit of Mt. Shkhara, the second highest peak in Europe. SWEEEEEEEET!
They will be providing us with tent, sleeping bags, inner and outerwear. We're gonna be the bling bling of Tbilisi.

They asked us to provide ideas on how we could create exposure for them before and after the trip.

Any ideas? I've got a few, but they're just baby thoughts right now.

Mike
mike

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:21 am

producing a documentary of your expedition would be cool
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Boo Yaaa

Postby peter » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:18 pm

Provoke a civil war?

Oh, never mind, they already have that.

Ummh.

End a civil war?

Hmmmm.

Oh, I know: become Pope, and then die!

Actually, that could happen before you go, as it did the last time around.

How about petition the courts to remove Pete's feeding tube?

I am out of ideas. These are the only things that seem to make headlines.
peter

Postby mike » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:55 am

Time to open up my suitcase and take out my only souviner...

Sheeeeee-it!!!

(that was it- what else was I gonna take home??? a 10 gallon hat??? I think not)

OK so I'm thinking that I can't bring a film crew or a heavily armed batallion and I'm not sure about all this Pope humor thats going around... I mean he wasn't Mexican (they're the only folks that I know of who whoop it up at funerals), isn't death supposed to be kinda sombre? I know, I know he's in the public eye and stuff- but did anyone else notice all the cameras pointed at his lifeless body??? Man we're all getting twisted by technology. Has anyone ever taken their shiny new sony to one of their family member's funerals? Kinda creepy.

Back to the topic... I'm thinking that a story to the Apline Journal would be a good idea... maybe try getting printed in a climbing mag or something.

What I can't quite get a thought around is how to get this into the public eye BEFORE the climb. Once again... any ideas?

Mike
mike

Postby The Mitt » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:01 am

Climb one of the buildings here. with a big banner on your back. Those freaks seam to get attention all the time. Or the bridge.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby mike » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:04 am

not bad, not bad

I've been thinking about a bridge rappel for a while now.

Any legal advice on causing a public stir of this nature?

Mike
mike

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:34 am

you could do some sort of public fund raising and get interviewed by media. It could even be climbing related to help raise money for a special cause. While swinging a big Sierra flag of course

CBC radio interviews of some sort could be good too.

Perhaps even get someone to write a good "pre expedition" article to a mag. we always hear the return stories but how about an article that talks about the preparation etc. It would be a good article to be followed up by a "returned from the summit" article. Plus, leaving readers coming back for the finaly is good for the magazine. Try selling it to them that way.

How about doing some pre-expedition training and getting interviewed by media while doing it or have someone write an article about you?

I duno. Just ideas.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby The Mitt » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:35 am

Make sure this discussion goes in your report to them as well. I bet several hundred people read this site.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby dcentral » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:51 am

You could start a Blog on one of those free sites. Live Journal or whatever.
dcentral

Can I be Of Assistance

Postby RadR » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:09 am

Hi...
Although many of those are brilant ideas, I feel there are a number of logistical and legal issues that would be tricky to overcome. I'm new to the halifax area and have been climing for alittle over a year. As well I'm getting started as Business Communications Consultant (AKA souless marketing bastard). I'm always on the hunt for fun projects to get involved with and this sounds really cool. If you let me know alittle more about your trip and what your sponsor is looking for along the lines of publicity, I could wip you up a hot communications plan in exchange for a tour of some of the good climbing spots around the HRM.
Peace,
RDR
RadR

Postby RadR » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:10 am

RadR

Return to Nova Scotia