Sorrows End trail maintenance

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Sorrows End trail maintenance

Postby mick » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:19 am

I took my first trip out to Sorrows End yesterday. Beautiful crag, great weather, stellar lines and I'll be going back soon.

I tried to follow the orange tape trail that's mentioned on the ClimbNS website, but it seemed to disappear after about 10 minutes. I ended up trudging along an ATV trail, and eventually bushwacking (after another 30 minutes) for a dozen meters to hit the ridge.

On the way back I followed a different route which was also gilded with orange tape. It was very direct and only took about 10 minutes to get back to the road, but I unfortunately came out in someone's backyard about 100m down the road from where I had headed in.

May I suggest some trail maintenance, or maybe marking with something less generic than orange hunting tape? I'd be happy to help if someone will show me where the trail is supposed to go. Having heard about the access issues via Nice View Drive, I'd much rather use an established climbing path than trespass on someone's lawn.

cheers
mick
mick

Re: Sorrows End trail maintenance

Postby tracstarr » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:24 am

be careful. don't walk through that back yard. They have been known to get very upset. I have a GPS track of the trail on my site. http://www.tracstarr.com/gpstracks. You can load this into your GPS or if you don't have one, into google maps/earth.
tracstarr

Postby Zamboni » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:47 pm

Keith

Weren't you going to host that info plus many other's on the CNS website?

Cb.
Zamboni

Postby tracstarr » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:31 pm

there are "some" others posted :) I've got a few more to put up. Trying to find them on this damn computer thingie....
tracstarr

Postby peter » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Simon increased the amount of orange tape, but more is needed. I was in last weekend, and it wasn't bad, if you know where you were going. The trail is in good shape, it is just route finding. Peter :mrgreen:
A monk asked Quiglin Shiqian, "What is a person who has realized the Way?"
Quiglin said, "Embracing the ice and snow, head and eyebrows held high."
peter

Return to Nova Scotia