New to Nova Scotia

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

New to Nova Scotia

Postby Notalacerta » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:27 pm

I just moved to the area and am looking for some occasional climbing partners. I havent been climbing in a while but I can lead and have a fairly full rack! I am generally in the Halifax/Dartmouth area but will also be up by Digby some this summer. Anyone heading out to the Halifax area this weekend?
Notalacerta

Re: New to Nova Scotia

Postby Nate » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Most of the climbing community and the climbing is centred around halifax. As the summer approached people will usually post up there trips out to Dover Island or elsewhere so you can meet up with groups of people headed out climbing that way. There a couple gyms to climb at here too. Ground Zero in Dartmouth and the Rock Court in Halifax.
Nate
Nate

Postby Notalacerta » Thu May 01, 2008 8:11 am

Ive been climbing at Ground Zero a few times (how I learned of this forum) since its just around the corner from our office.

Im mostly interested in climbing routes, not so much into boldering. But I will boulder if its all I can get. What is the climbing like around here? Mostly trad? Sport?
Notalacerta

Postby kate » Fri May 02, 2008 7:16 pm

hey "Stoners" - are you guys still active? If so, Notalacerta, they would be the group to connect with for guaranteed rope climbing. good luck with your search!
kate

Return to Nova Scotia