new vids

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

new vids

Postby tracstarr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:04 am

well, been a while, but for those that haven't noticed, i have two new videos up.

http://www.tracstarr.com/modules/galler ... eam001.wmv
http://www.tracstarr.com/modules/galler ... eam001.wmv
tracstarr

Postby SeanT » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:53 pm

Nice vids. First 1 ...ummmm those are tiny boulders. 2nd vid looks like nice day at Joey Ramone area, Joey would be proud of the sending, but sad that people are not starting Chainsaw where it actually starts. With both hands right on the nose of the boulder. Keep up the good work Keith your vids rock!
ST
SeanT

Postby tracstarr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:10 pm

they may be small, but they are 30 seconds outside the front door of my office..... great stress releif since i work SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard. I named the second one 'Office Work' ..... lol. A few more are scattered around with moss for camo, hard to spot. but fun none the less.

yeah, i'm gonna have to go back to chainsaw, the guide never really said where to start, and i sent it the chump way too.... thanks T

on a side note.... CRAP! there is snow flakes falling outside of my window.
tracstarr

Postby dcentral » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:47 pm

I liked the first video. With all those trees you should build a little platform to get differnet angles in the trees to film from.

I didn't really like the second one. It was too long and the music didn't match, it was okay when scott powered through the problem. But after that not so much. I kept skipping ahead through the video hoping the music would change.

just my thoughts.
dcentral

Postby tracstarr » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:27 pm

hehe. yeah, i didn't like the music either. but i got fed up looking. maybe i'll get around to looking for some new stuff. i find the punk/rock or anything fast really doesn't fit too well. i was also trying to please other tastes of music.

what i need for differnt/better angles is a friggin tri-pod that doesn't break on me when it gets cold. frigging plastic. can't find a metal made top bracket piece, they are all plastic. anywho, think i might have footage for one more vid. we'll see.
tracstarr

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:50 pm

vid #1 - dude, you should have cleaned off the moss with a shovel to save yourself some time!

vid #2 - it seems a common thread in your videos is that the climbers are horrible at topping out the problems. lots of beached whale, flopping action. a nice top-out takes talent and finess.

in general - keep the vids coming. I love it!

ps. maybe Todd Foster could help you find a better tripod...?

Postby Ben » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:28 pm

hey keith is there any thing worthwhile on those boulders?(I cant view the videos) cause they are close to my house.
Ben

Postby dcentral » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:25 pm

Yeah your wmv crashed my firefox.
dcentral

Postby mike » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:47 pm

Nice production dood. Worked fine on my WMP.
mike

Postby tracstarr » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:12 am

ben>>> there's nothing super super great on them, but I mean it's probably worth the 30 second hike to check them out if for nothing else then to say you've been on them. But there is one line i've spotted that might be really nice.... but hard enough that it'll take me a while to get.
tracstarr

Postby jnnfr » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:39 pm

Keith, if you're looking for a nice tripod, I've got one. I'm not quite ready to part with it, but you're welcome to borrow it!
-jen
jnnfr

Return to Nova Scotia