Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 4: Polly's Cove

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 4: Polly's Cove

Postby SteveDave » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:24 pm

Alright, so next Monday we're going to Polly's Cove!

For those of us who have no idea what Polly's Cove is, I suggest you take a quick walk out your door and look for your nearest three-story building. Now picture that building made of granite with huge feature all over it (or hardly any feature, in some cases) and surrounded by other granite 30ft high structures to either side in a huge amphitheater overlooking a picturesque ocean inlet. That's basically what Polly's Cove is about. Height.

First of all, I was asked to repost the location of the meeting spot. Here it is:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en&ge ... 7&t=h&z=18

(In the above image, look for the concrete patch with the white diagonal lines on either end. This is the church parking area where we meet BEFORE 6PM)

And here are the written directions to Polly's Cove (co. Zig's guide):

The fastest way to reach LOC from Halifax is to take route 333. It will take you roughly a 1/2 hour. If you're coming from highway 102, follow signs for Peggy's Cove. In West Dover the road will take a very sharp right turn, there will then be two small two-car pull-outs on your left immediately after the baseball field. [skip to Polly's Cove directions] Drive past the ball diamond in West Dover and you will see a 4-5 car gravel pull-off on your left 800m further. The pull-off is on the blind crest in the middle of a right hand turn. Just before the pull-off, there is an "Adopt a Highway" sign on the right side of the road. Be vigilant as this pull-off is hard to see until you are on top of it. There is a telephone pole in the front of the pull-off.

Also, Google Maps directions:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en&ge ... 6&t=h&z=15

There we go.

Hope everyone can make it, this is one of my favorite spots in Nova Scotia to climb.

Peace guys,

- Steve
SteveDave

Return to Nova Scotia