Stoners Next big meeting

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Stoners Next big meeting

Postby The Mitt » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:35 pm

Ok, So What next? I think I would like to go back to the cave. But I am up for anything. I also would like to go Sat if possible. One of the benefits of the cave is a good place for some of the new guys to try a lead. Also I want to start cleaning that new route.

Any other suggestions?

Mitt

P.S If any of the new guys who wants to get out need a harness I have an extra one. Send me a PM
The Mitt

Postby ChrisS » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:46 pm

I would love to go out.... but I have an interview for Lester B. Pearson College then work on Saturday, so I guess you will have to count me out if you go then.

Chris
ChrisS

Postby mike » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:54 pm

Saturday's good fer me, I'm heading to BC on Sunday.

Lemme know.
Mike
mike

pick me pick me

Postby climberwannabe » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:52 pm

That sounds cool, where is it? I have to work, but I might be able to swing a little somthin somthin, so as of now I'll say I can go. Hey Chris I am the same dude from that lead nite. I went back to GZ Tuesday night and finnished up... I am on the list to lead there so I'll be making it part of my regular routine, even though its 1:20 away. I did the left side of that red overhang on lead, it was dope. That bouldering stuff is addictive too man, I spent like 2 hours upstairs.

ANYWAYS, with a little hard work and maybe some fluid spillage (not of the falic kind) do you guys think I can be a stoner?

Steve
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Postby The Mitt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:53 am

Plans will firm up in the next day and we will pick a meeting area, we tend to have issues with making decisions :) Hopefully if all goes well you will get your first lead on Saturday.

SteveO what say you?

Mitt
The Mitt

Stoners

Postby peter » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:49 am

I can do Saturday, with a little planning, which starts right now. Count me in.

I would also like to plan for a little booze up at a regular place afterwards. Somewhere downtown, so I can leave the car and get it in the morning. But I guess it depends where people live.

I would go with the flow to the Cave, but prefer to go to Main Face and get on some classic trad routes, as I haven't been there yet this year.

In any case, count me in.
peter

Postby The Mitt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:11 am

MainFace is good aswell.

Mitt
The Mitt

Stoners meet

Postby Stevo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:43 am

How about this for sports plan:
Meet at Tim Hortons on Main St at 10.30 am Saturday (opposite Sobeys).
Go to Main Face.

I'd prefer to wait another week or two before a return match with the knee-eating crack!

Cheers
Steve
Stevo

Postby Stevo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:45 am

Hey and is there a pub to finish off at on the Musquodoboit side of town, or do ya have to go back into Halifax?
Stevo

Postby The Mitt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:54 pm

Sounds great. I don't think that there is a pub around there so we may have to go to one on or around Main st. Any suggestions? Hey Climber wannabe do you know where the Tims is? Need directions? PM me if you do.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby mike » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:05 pm

Doods- I gotta bail on our Saturday outing.
Heading to BC on Sat instead of Sun.
I'll have a full report on their product once I return.

Climb hard, take chances.
Mike
mike

Stoners

Postby peter » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:50 pm

The Micmac Beverage Room: come as you are, smell how you like, pay as you play, leave when you're done. You gotta love the atmosphere.
peter

Postby The Mitt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Sounds like my kinda place.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Stevo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:20 pm

Is that the strip joint??
Stevo

Postby The Mitt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:33 pm

And people wonder why there are no women in the Stoners :? hey steve if you pay the right amount of money I am sure Peter would give you a lap dance after all he is a lawyer :lol:

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Stevo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:42 pm

Is that like giving "Lip Service" ?
Stevo

Postby mike » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:12 pm

Reason #247 why it's good to be a stoner:

Peter gives good lip service!
mike

time

Postby climberwannabe » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:21 am

Well its official, I have tomorrow off. So I got the directions of where to meet... just when? Are we going with 10:30??

Steve
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Postby The Mitt » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:50 am

1030 is the time.

Mitt
The Mitt

Stoners

Postby peter » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:48 am

Dear Sirs/Madam:

I am shocked and appalled by the content of recent posts on this site. These so-called "Stoners", whoever they are, have clearly lowered the moral tone of this website. Previously, only the purest of impulses motivated climbers when choosing routes names, like those around Gollum's Cave in Welsford, the "something slab", I don't recall just now, but I remember it made me feel good to climb there. Words like "nipples", "lap dance", and "bottom" were off limits to fine, upstanding Boards such as this. Climbing was never previously, to my knowledge, associated in any way with alcohol, certainly not with "strip clubs". Limericks, especially concerning body hair, never spread their pervasive dirt; rather, the nature poems of Shelley, Keats, and Wordsworth were all that were on climbers' minds, as they revelled in Nature. The Lord's name was never taken in vain, and certainly His infallible and recently departed representative here on earth, may God keep his soul, never suffered abuse such as I have read of late. I must protest the outrages perpetrated here daily, and urge members to say, "Get thee behind me Satan", should temptation raise its ugly head. Otherwise, "vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord", and he wasn't just whistling Dixie, despite his fondness for things Dixie, as our Great President Bush reminds us daily, may God protect him from evil. And don't ask Satan to do anything when he is behind you, either. He is not a safe belayer. I once saw him NOT using a Grigri, AND take is hand off the rope for a full SECOND, to scratch his nether regions. YOU ARE WARNED. Choose partners with care, and always wear a condom while climbing. Amen.

Signed

A Shocked and Appalled Climber

PS So, that was 10:30 on Saturday, at the Sobeys on Main Street, followed by the MicMac Beverage Room? See you there.
peter

Postby The Mitt » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:12 am

I have to apologize I had momentary slip. Thank-you for putting me back on the straight and narrow. I agree the "Stoners" need some moral direction and are happy to have Peter to do so. I take back my proposal to pay cheerleaders to accompany us on our outings. Now I propose that the climb "Fat bottom girls" be called "Healthy well rounded young women with low self esteem".

Mitt
Thank-you Peter May I have another :)

Quick Teth give us flowers and lock the thread :lol:
The Mitt

Postby mike » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:04 pm

Maybe I am high... I could have sworn I just wrote a couple of posts here................
mike

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:44 pm

hmmm

where did my post go?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mike » Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:58 pm

Well, if it wasn't you who erased 'em Fred... who could it possibly be?
mike

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:02 pm

I was moderated. :evil:

we'll without posting my full message again I'll just state that I can't help feel some little jabs from the recent postings by the stoners (re. welsford, language, etc)

Hope you guys have fun out climbing this weekend. How come we never see any photos from NS climbers btw? Lets see some rope stuff.

peace out
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mike » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:13 pm

I was too...

Maybe website censorship could be applied to a resume for some future public endevour... like meter maid. There wasn't even any bad words... well just that little one that you used Fred.

The gist of my posts was that we're just having fun bashing people... mainly each other.
mike

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:23 pm

Yeah I know and I figured that much.

but correct me if I'm wrong in assuming the joke was on us last weekend amongst the Stoners about the Parlee incident and the language and the moderating etc. Judging by the post about Mitt visiting the ER and now Peter's comments about my push to keep the forum discussion clean and Mike's comments to Teth about moderating etc etc, I can't help feel targeted. Perhaps I'm over re-acting... perhaps I'm not. Either way, it doesn't matter really. I was just saying my two cents. Lets move on.

climb safe guys
take lots of photos and upload them to Mitch's site

later
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mike » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:31 pm

Dude..... tuffen up and get in the spirit of things... if the joke's on you... get it off ya... getting all emotional won't make things better... just makes ya look dumb.

Not saying that yer dumb, er anything like that...
mike

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:05 pm

well... you're right. It was probably my imagination.

carry on.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mike » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:21 pm

Thanks, man... I though I might have came acrossed a bit harshly.
It wasn't my intention.

I just want everyone to have fun.

Inspite of what we've all been taught... life is really all about having fun and lookin goooooooooood.
mike

Next

Return to Nova Scotia