Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 6: Crystal Crescent Bea

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 6: Crystal Crescent Bea

Postby SteveDave » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Ok guys, this week we're going to hit up Crystal Crescent! This is one of the easiest climbing areas to get into (wonderful boardwalk stroll takes you basically right to the warmup section) and one of my personal favorites to climb.

To get to the meeting area you want to be either on the beginning of St. Margaret's Bay Road, or Joseph Howe Drive, heading toward the Armdale Rotary. The parking lot is in the center of the following image, with the slanted white lines, and the big 'A' balloon in it.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en&ge ... 8&t=h&z=18

Here are the directions to Crystal Crescent from Zig's Guide:

From the rotary in Halifax, drive through Spryfield and take the Old Sambro Rd. (Hwy. 346) or the Herring Cove Rd. (Hwy. 349) out to Sambro. When you reach the convenience store at the corner of the two highways, follow signs to the beach (5 min. from store). There are two parking areas, the second one makes the walk slightly shorter. From the parking lots, head right to reach the "Main Area" after about 15 minutes of walking. Another 20 minutes beyond that brings you to the "IMAX Area".

Google maps directions to the same spot:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&hl=en&ge ... 4&t=h&z=15

And I guess that's it.

Sorry guys, I have to get going otherwise I'd fill this post with meaningless text, but, it's Kyla's 19th birthday tonight! Happy birthday Kyla! Woo! *resumes drinking*

-Steve
SteveDave

Re: Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 6: Crystal Crescent Bea

Postby SteveDave » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Couple of edits. First of all, we're going to the Beach, not the Bea. Secondly, Kyla's birthday was LAST night, not tonight. I was just too intoxicated to hit the 'submit' button before I closed my laptop.

So yeah. Don't drink and ...post? Also, eat your greens and stay fit. Drink plenty of water.

- Steve
SteveDave

Return to Nova Scotia