New to Halifax climbing...and car handicapped

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

New to Halifax climbing...and car handicapped

Postby steeles » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Hey guys whatsup...Im a third year dal student from Toronto with a serious knack for climbing in all its forms and newly fell in love with bouldering...I live right down on bishop, and am without a car...are there any routes or problems accesible to someone armed solely with a harness and a buspass.

any help is greatly appreciated
steeles

Re: New to Halifax climbing...and car handicapped

Postby betaburgler » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:56 am

Eagles Nest comes to mind. I'm pretty sure its bus rider friendly. It's a rope climbing area. Without my guide book in hand (at work) I couldn't tell you how to get there, but maybe someone else can. of course you'll need someone with some rope to meet you there. On the bouldering side of things most is out farther then buses travel. Monday night there is a bouldering get together. We meet at the Armdale rotary in front of the church there for 6:00 pm, and this week I hear there will be a trip out to The Land Of Confusion. Welcome to Halifax!
Nathan Benjamin
betaburgler

Re: New to Halifax climbing...and car handicapped

Postby patzer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 am

Yeah, you can search in the message archives for some discussion about bouldering by bus. But the story is that there is boulder at York Redoubt right on the bus route, a coastal wall in Herring Cove below a look off right between the two bus routes (#15 and #20 - halfway between them - you'll see where on the transit map). And I think Kidston Lake in Spryfield is accessible by bus and some walking too, maybe two boulders there? Otherwise there is the Martello Tower in Point Pleasant... I haven't been to Herring Cove yet but I think it's the largest area by far of these.

I highly recommend coming to the Monday Night Bouldering and meeting some people with cars. ;)

Jason
patzer

Return to Nova Scotia