Need partner this weekend

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Need partner this weekend

Postby Joe Ross » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Hey, I'm coming to Halifax this weekend and am looking for someone to get out climbing with, be it sport, trad (i cant bring my rack tho) or bouldering. Im up for whatever this Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, July 18-20 and potentially on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I climb 11+ 12- and have been climbing for 9 years so you don't have to worry about bringing out a noob.

I did some climbing around Halifax years ago with Sean and am eager to get back and do some more.

Please get back to me
Joe
Joe Ross

Re: Need partner this weekend

Postby chameleon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:29 pm

hey joe,

i'd be up for some routes on Friday
829-3893

sean c
(i don't remember you so you must've climbed with another sean..)

ps. all you other folks...i could really use a bug report though, so i knows where to take joe
chameleon

Postby Stevo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:11 am

Hey sean,

I was at Main face the weekend before last and the bugs were really bad, deer flies, blackflies, mosquitoes, ants and biting spiders! It was also baking hot and humid. Apart from that it was really nice!

Steve
Stevo

Postby peter » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Stevo wrote:Hey sean,

I was at Main face the weekend before last and the bugs were really bad, deer flies, blackflies, mosquitoes, ants and biting spiders! It was also baking hot and humid. Apart from that it was really nice!

Steve

Luxury!

I am off to Northern Ontario this weekend, and expect to be literally carried off by Deer and Horse flies. Let's hope for a solid Dragon Fly hatch at Pace's Lake, to counter-balance what is already about of the biting variety.
A monk asked Quiglin Shiqian, "What is a person who has realized the Way?"
Quiglin said, "Embracing the ice and snow, head and eyebrows held high."
peter

Postby chameleon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Stevo wrote:Hey sean,

Steve

sooooo, no swarming wasps?!!! sounds unusually pleasant. :)
chameleon

Postby chameleon » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:38 am

Joe and I hit up Neverland yesterday and believe it or not there were no bugs to speak of.
(I saw maybe 3 deerflies, 2 mosquitoes and 1 blackfly). The few that were there were mostly chewing on Joe, so if you need some bug bait, give Joe a call/PM! He's solid. Newfies kick ass!

We got on the usual 5.9 and 5.11 "warm-ups" and then had a couple of heavily-dogged laps on Lost Boys (12c). This route is so awesome. Anybody out there willing to project this one with me? The moves are hard but doable, sustained, well-bolted, steep and positive. The wall overhangs about 10-15' in 50'. Sport-climbing doesn't get any better does it? Plus there's steep cracks to be had too at the cliff. Chris, Ben, Rich (and others) - you guys seriously need to check this out. Call me.

S
chameleon

Return to Nova Scotia