mysterious boulder

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

mysterious boulder

Postby staple » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:49 pm

a curious question. one of many:
some time ago out in the land of confusion near the sea in sight and north of peggy's cove i saw a boulder on bedrock. nothing distinguishable about it from a distance, or even up close looking for fun ways up. but underneath, in contact with ground, it seems to be lying on cubes. and the cubes looked like old iorn.
can anyone in the area take a second look for me? or does any one know of such a thing? ancient mariner anchorage is keeping me up at night, thinking...
staple

Re: mysterious boulder

Postby pulldown » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:06 am

I believe it was the Blacksmith in East Dover who did it. I think Norm or Giz know the story so next time you are out to Dover just ask them.

Todd
pulldown

bouldering history

Postby staple » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:23 pm

does anyone know who the initial movers were, back in what day, and where first-off specifically? are we talking eighties, or even seventies? are those people around anymore? climbing still? have recollections of events?
were there generation gaps between interest in the area, between old timers and the past decade of resurgence?

any old news would be hugely appreciated, or if anyone can point me in some other direction...yeah

thanks for the response on the mysterios boulder, todd
staple

Return to Nova Scotia