Boulding in Conneticuit

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Boulding in Conneticuit

Postby campbeas » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:03 am

I'm going to be in Conneticuit for about a week with my family for my uncles wedding. I'm wondering if there is any worthwhile boulding thats not to far off the beaten track that I could hit up one day when I'm down there.

I'll be staying around the Stamford.

Any help would be great.

Adam
campbeas

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:36 pm

er

Postby campbeas » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:40 am

Apparently when I'm baked I can't spell bouldering

oh I'll assume no one knows of any good bouldering down there and I'll go hit up some US sites to see what I can dig up. Mostly I'm just gonna need some time away from my family. Thought some climging would go over well.

Thanks Anyways
Adam
campbeas

Postby campbeas » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:02 am

http://www.rockclimbing.com/events/list.php?ID=421

Hmmm, comp.....I know its inside but it might be fun, and its right up the street from my where I'm staying....
campbeas

Postby campbeas » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:14 am

haha, the Gunks it is.

YES

Anyone wanna come, theres room in the van, you just have to sleep in a house with 15 of my relatives and put up with the drunken goings on that or get a cheap motel room. And if you happen to be there I'm pretty sure I'll be in the gunks on Friday april 29th.

hot dang
campbeas

Postby Fred » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:08 pm

I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:09 am

Thanks for the link! I have a friend that almost exclusivly boulders, we were looking for some places for some weekend roadtrips.

I've heard about the bouldering at the gunks....my only fear is that nearby routes would have too strong a call for me. I'm thinking that we'll be taking a long weekend to Lincon Woods at least this summer, I'd love to get out bouldering one something other than the polished stuff at the Niagara Glen.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:19 am

granite_grrl, if you haven't climbed in the gunks...it is a MUST DO!!

What an amazing place. The camping kinda sucks, but the climbing is wicked. Not to mention New Paltz has a great bakery, a cool climbing shop and lots of nice restaurants if you aren't on a tight budget. :)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Connecticut

Postby peter » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:45 am

I have a brother near Danbury that I frequently visit, but I have not found any decent rock in Connecticut to date. I always make the trip to the Gunks from there, which is only an hour from Danbury, so perhaps two from Stamford (I am guessing). There are boulderers scattered along the Carraigeway trail, at the Gunks, anytime I go (for trad).

http://www.tradgirl.com
http://www.gunks.com
peter

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:57 am

martha wrote:granite_grrl, if you haven't climbed in the gunks...it is a MUST DO!!

What an amazing place. The camping kinda sucks, but the climbing is wicked. Not to mention New Paltz has a great bakery, a cool climbing shop and lots of nice restaurants if you aren't on a tight budget. :)

Oh, I want to go so bad! I've been invited to go down a couple of times now I had other commitments. I think that it'd be totally doable for a 2 day weekend, it's just a matter of convincing the guy that I've been trad climbing with of that. There are so many places in the east that I haven't visited, I would love to take a couple of months of to climb at them all!
granite_grrl

conne

Postby john » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:22 am

there is some climbing in connecticuit, call or email rhode island rock gym, better to go to lincoln wood if you want bouldering though its close to conne. anyway.
john

Postby campbeas » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:01 pm

Well not that I know how close free lodging is to all those wicked places I think I'll be spending more time further south.
campbeas

Return to Nova Scotia