Stoners Fourth Outting

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Stoners Fourth Outting

Postby The Mitt » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:26 pm

Well we were at Main Face and played on some classics. The group keeps getting larger, the people more obnoxious, and yet still no female climbers. Kate and Sean T we are gunning for ya. Maybe someday a keen climber in the group will break 5.10, maybe if Sean C or Steve P works out a little more or lays off the wifes wine the night before. Oh well one can dream :) There was a whole lotta crack to be climbed and seen some crack was more appeling than others. I am sure a limerick is forthcoming, but who knows maybe the rhyme master is still around.

Mitt
Self appointed information officer and pervert at large.
The Mitt

Old stoners

Postby Stevo » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:59 am

There is nothing quite like a day out climbing the dusty vegetated trad classics of yesteryear. The precise placement of vibram sole on bucket hold, curling knarled fingers over dirty jugs, stepping thoughtfully up low-angled slabs, coiling aged hemp in the last rays of the setting sun. And afterwards, reflecting on the events of the day over a quiet pipe in a shady bar, and marvelling at the dedication and gymnastic ability of the honed teetotal young climbers working on their sit-down starts.

Enjoy your climbing everyone, wherever your personal summits lie.

Steve
Stevo

Stoners

Postby peter » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:09 pm

Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde needs a good cleaning, from top to bottom, but leave the eagle's nest (the real thing), as it lends character.

As for limericks, I am more into haiku. But I did hear a limerick on Sunday, at the Micmac Beverage Room. It was somewhat rude, and I hesitate to repeat it, but it went something like this:

There once was a man named Kelly,
Who's finger, it was kind of smelly.
He'd slip round the back,
Search out the best crack,
And yell, "Sweet! Get the KY Jelly!".

Or something like that.

"Smells Like Y'or Ma!"
peter

Postby The Mitt » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:43 pm

YUMMMMM, Craaaaaack, Sweeeeeet.

Mitt
P.S Did someone say jelly, Sweeeet. Donuts :)
The Mitt

Return to Nova Scotia