new slab problem at grover

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

new slab problem at grover

Postby tracstarr » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:37 pm

it was an awesome day out at grover yesterday. Another new problem went up. No name for it yet but it's a slab problem found near grandfather clock area. check out the video. Scott R. has first ascent and problably goes at v4. man those are some small crimps. We also found a killer roof problem out on the peninsula, already chalked up, but not heard of it yet. It's so classic. probably a v6. anyway, there is a small clip in the video but the better shots were ruined with the camera focusing on dirt and not the climb.... but it's sorta there. anyway, too damn sore to get out today.... but chillin on the deck. check out the two new vids.

http://www.tracstarr.com/modules/galler ... eam001.wmv
http://www.tracstarr.com/modules/galler ... eam001.wmv
tracstarr

Postby kate » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:24 pm

hey Keith,

I'm pretty sure that Sean climbed that slab a few weeks ago, the day that we were out with Scott Ferguson and Conan. he'll have to let you know for sure...good to hear that the sending continues!

cheers, kate
kate

Postby tracstarr » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:33 pm

really? scott might be upset. it was pretty dirty too, had to scrub it. but i'll see what he has to say. crimpers were too small for me :) and i've watched sean pull on lichen a few times too.
tracstarr

Postby Eager » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:56 pm

The roof problem looks like Black Beast V5, It's super cool probably one of the best out there. Brian sent that with no spot either!
Eager

Postby tracstarr » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:00 am

yeah man, that roof was awesome. we came accross it looking for the hunted, but we couldn't not get on it.... definatly sweet. and a scarey landing that's for sure.
tracstarr

Postby seanT » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:44 am

Yup sorry Scott I did that bout a month ago cleaning it as I went. Nice send though, sorry to burst your bubble. I gave it no name or grade but it only took 2 tries. Now the slab facing that one looks really enticing. There is also a problem I did on the shady side of the grandfather clock boulder sorta near the slot where you can squeeze thru scary....mantle type affair with some right hand sidepulls. Keep up the good work!
Sean
seanT

Postby tracstarr » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:21 am

o well, still a good send, i couldn't pull on it.
tracstarr

Postby Scooter » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:07 am

was the line you did on the slab to the far left??
my bubble is definately busted!
Scooter

Postby seanT » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:57 pm

Dude straight up the face sorry...
seanT

Return to Nova Scotia