Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 13: Prospect Bay

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 13: Prospect Bay

Postby SteveDave » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Hey guys, we're rounding up the last of the 'proscribed' MNBS meetings this week (if it doesn't rain, which it probably will end up doing...) and this Monday we're heading to Prospect for an extra-long NIGHT SESH!

Usually this last night we stay well into darkness and break out the flashlights and headlamps and lanterns. Apparently the approach to and from Prospect is very good at night, and the rocks light right up with appropriate lantern placement.

We'll do it next week if we're rained out, but here are the details just in case:

Meeting spot:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&saddr=44 ... 8&t=h&z=18

Zig's Directions to Prospect Bay:
To get to the small fishing village of Prospect, take St. Margaret's Bay Road from the Armdale Rotary. Follow it past one traffic light, and turn left at the second traffic light (3.6km) onto Prospect Road. If you're confused, follow the signs for Peggy's Cove. Follow Prospect Road for 16.3km and you will see a sign for Prospect and Prospect Bay on your right. Take a left turn as the sign indicates. you will immediately see a large sign on your right welcoming you to Prospect Bay. Continue along the road as it leads into the small fishing village of Prospect itself. At 7.1km, you will make a right turn onto a gravel road named Indian Point Road. Drive to the end of this short gravel road and park. Absolutely do not park in front of a resident's driveway! If the small parking area at the end of the road is full, drive back 100 meters and park as far over onto the right side of the road as possible. To get to the bouldering area, take the ATV trail that leaves directly from the parking area. The trail heads toward the ocean for about 3 minutes and then makes a gradual right turn to lead you parallel to the ocean's shore. You will see a hill directly in front of you. Th main bouldering area is on the ocean face of this hill. Follow the ATV trail towards the hill and cut left onto foot trails as you reach it. These trails will lead you over the left side of the hill. If you crest the hill, take a left turn towards the water and you should e on top of the bouldering area. The area looks like an amphitheater with a very flat landing and a number of distinct boulders forming its boundaries.

Google Maps Directions:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&saddr=44 ... 8&t=h&z=18

Hopefully we'll have some luck with the weather for once! See you guys there.

- Steve
SteveDave

Re: Monday Night Bouldering Series, Week 13: Prospect Bay

Postby shakylegs » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:13 pm

if anyone on the dartmouth side needs a lift over, PM me or give me a shout @ 877-8048. peace,

Matt
shakylegs

Postby SteveDave » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:54 pm

So it just started to rain again. Any second opinions? I think it's looking a little sketchy but it might turn out.

My gut feeling is telling me 'maybe'.

- Steve
SteveDave

Postby shakylegs » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 pm

i think i'm going to hold off and head over tomorrow morn/afternoon. allrighty then. pm if anyone's down.

Matt
shakylegs

Return to Nova Scotia