Bouldering Tonight

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Bouldering Tonight

Postby Jonny|B » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:17 am

Three people, two pads - probably gonna hit somewhere coastal late afternoon (4:30-ish). Chebucto Head sounds good, but what's the deal with "break-ins" there? Can I expect to have my windows busted or is it just something that's happened in the past? I'll post the final destination once we decide on one.
Jonny|B

Re: Bouldering Tonight

Postby mick » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:18 am

Chebucto Head is a great area, I've never had any issues with theft or vandalism there.

Take note of what time the gates are closed and locked (I think 8pm) before you park your car! :)
mick

Postby Jonny|B » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Chebucto Head it is. I expect to be passing through the Rotary at about 4:40. If anyone wants to join us, post up and we can meet at the Rotary before we head down.
Jonny|B

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Jonny|B wrote: but what's the deal with "break-ins" there? Can I expect to have my windows busted or is it just something that's happened in the past?

As a general rule for anywhere, don't leave anything in an unattended car that might look like it would be or could contain something of value. Clean the car right out as much as possible and put anything in the trunk out of sight. Even that bag of trash, unless it is spilling over with nastiness. You know that inside that sealed bad is last weeks tuna sandwich festering away, but the scum bag who wants to break into your car might think there is something worth stealing. The same for empty boxes, etc.

Also, don't earmark your car as a climbers car. Crooks know climbers will be gone for hours, hikers and sightseers tend come and go more frequently.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Jonny|B » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:04 pm

Good advice... Now what do I do about the personalized plate that says "GN CLMNG"? (jk)
Jonny|B

Return to Nova Scotia