Looking for climbing partners

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Looking for climbing partners

Postby Nette » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:51 pm

I just moved to the Valley from Calgary and I'm looking for people who are familiar with the area and can show me where I can climb. I have everything for top roping and a vehicle. The odd weekend I go out to halifax, so if anyone is interested in setting up some trips give me a shout especially if you live around the valley.
Nette

Re: Looking for climbing partners

Postby Chad » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:23 pm

Good day!
I currently live in the unrocked area of Yarmouth. Well, there is some boulders.
I am going to try in the future to go to the areas on the Digby Neck if you are interested. It is short but looks fun.
Chad

Postby Zamboni » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:17 am

Chad,

If you drive out of yarmouth to barrington, right on the county line there are 2 very large boulders about 20 steps off the highway! You might not see them now, but when the leaves fall off the tree's, take a drive down and keep you eye's to the right! You can't miss them. I've played on them, but there's going to be some hard lines on them.

Conan.
Zamboni

Postby Nette » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:39 am

Hey, Chad

I'm definitly interested in the Digy neck area. I have an uncle in Annopolis royal and I was planning to stay there and take off on day trips from there. If you want to plan a trip I'm in for sure. I'm busy climbing other areas this weekend and next but I would like to plan a trip anytime after that (assuming the weather is good). Also if you are ever up in the Annapolis valley I have an alright climbing spot that I've been putting lots of time into developing. Mostly just cleaning the rocks. I've started GPSing boulders on south mountain which I'm easily finding in old cut blocks which usually have great access. I'm finding great stuff that occurs on the same geological formation that makes up the Dover island bouldering (a huge granite Batholith).
Nette

Return to Nova Scotia