book bouldering "projects" sent yet??

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

book bouldering "projects" sent yet??

Postby stoneseeker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:50 pm

This is a post of mere curiosity.
I'm wondering if the projects listed in various places in Zig's book have been sent yet? Obviously not all of them have been, but I imagine at least a handful have fallen to some strong climbers...
Anyone got an update on which ones have been sent and named and what grade they go as?? I was taking a look at the beautiful cave project at the jungle/gross poison boulders two days ago, and also the high flake/seam project at thoughtful spot as examples. I would really like to know if anyones put serious time into those. They look hard, but enticing... anyone?
Perhaps there's a list somewhere online of the known projects and which ones have gone or something..
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Re: book bouldering "projects" sent yet??

Postby patzer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:29 pm

I think somebody (maybe zig? I think I saw it on his news page...) did the cave one on the jungle boulder not too long ago. Don't know about anything else mentionned in the book though! Maybe something like Jungle Fever for a name sounds familiar...
patzer

Postby Scooter » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:07 pm

The project at Jungle has been completed and dubbed jungle fever v11?

As for the one at thoughtful spot, keith and i looked at a line that went up from the overhang into the seam and traverses up the seam to the top out (awkward topoout from what i remember). I don't think this has been done if this is what you are talking about.,
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby stoneseeker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:03 pm

hey thanks for the info on the jungle fever one! I went and checked it out on zigs blog... cool to see. V11?! can anyone confirm that? Maybe I'll wait to try that one.

the other project is rated R and #7 in the book in thoughtful spot. So I don't think its the one you described Scott. Its more of a tall face with a tiny dihedralish seam running up that peters off to crimps at the top. It just looks futuristic, so it came to mind.
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby Scooter » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 am

ah i know exactly the one your talking about... let me know if your stoked to head out that way
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby bns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:40 am

Projects in the book that have gone "free":
Dover:
#5 p.30 Ocean Commotion v11 but the starting foot block has been washed away so who knows now.
New proj that hasn't been done yet as far as I know is the Tourist nightmare, a link into White trash, which is around 11.

LOC:
Le Diamant project on Jungle has been done, v8
Jungle fever project on Jungle is classic power, first done by strong Tim, v9. really good problem.
the gros poisson projs have not been sent.

Grover:
Green arete proj. has been done at v6!
Dihedral proj. was done last fall and is called Transitions at v11
Fine Line SDS is v10 and not 12. classic line.
Trail Blazer is 9/10.

The highball proj you are referring to I believe is the high face straight up the boulder. I rapped down it a few years ago to find holds but didn't find any.

Aside from these there's many more that have been done but just not listed in the book due to access or else.

cheers!

Ghislain
bns

Postby stoneseeker » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks Zig! That was just the kinda list I was looking for! I'm gonna get to work on that new 8 at jungle, looks like a good line. Nice to know the fever goes a little easier than a 11 too.
This gets me stoked, thanks!!

One last question, I'm getting close to pulling down "crystal light" :o (satellite)... the book says unrepeated, has this been repeated yet ?!
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Postby bns » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:00 pm

I think B.Smith might of repeated a few yrs ago. not sure. after that one there's "bring the pain" just to the right. have fun!
bns

Postby Scooter » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:38 pm

ben and i repeated it last year or the year before
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby stoneseeker » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:32 pm

thanks guys!
no really, for ruining my hopes for a second ascent. jerks... :P

hmm I don't know about "bring the pain" though... it doesn't look very appealing. Name doesn't help any either.

see you guys out there! If any of you is interested in night sessions in these areas, give me a call. I've been getting out about 3 evenings a week at least. It's nice to have company!
~ Lukey
stoneseeker

Return to Nova Scotia