Guidebook Update in the Works - Questions for You!!

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Re: Guidebook Update in the Works - Questions for You!!

Postby The Mitt » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Short and easy probably about 5.6 I think. Punshon would be a good one to ask I kinda forget. Nice line though.

I will look for the Pics :)

Sean

P.S rainbow slings are the property of Lord Punshon. :)
The Mitt

Postby chameleon » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:01 pm

hey sean, I finally smoked you out! thanks for the info; look forward to the pics.

speaking of pics.... jeremy please stop sending me nude pictures of yourself swimming
chameleon

Postby tradmonkey » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:57 am

John,

I solved your mystery!!!! The purple rap sling is mine. I left it there about three years ago on a ground up ascent on the wave wall. Me and Scott Kerr camped on a Friday night and hit the wall early Saturday in search of a climb. We just picked a spot from the ground and hit it. We started to run out of daylight so that was our escape plan.

To confirm i think it was a four foot sling around a chockstone in a crack, brand name " On Sight "

James
tradmonkey

Postby john » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Well thats cool it had always made me wonder. I thought I found that sling for the first time 4-5 years ago though? are you sure it was three years?

Out of interest I have a few questions for you for my documentation and the record book:)

Did you top out that route and do you have a name and description I could add to my documentation
What did you think of the rock quality
Did you rap back down the same line and could you do it to your sling with only one rope. I needed two ropes to get to the ledge when I rapped off the trees at the top and had to clear alot of brush to get it to pull as I recall?

Thanks for the info cheers

john
john

Postby tradmonkey » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:44 pm

It may have been more than 3 years but i'm sure thats my sling. We did not top out the route. We climbed from ground up on lead using small cams and nuts only. We setup a belay from a ledge on the way to break up the pitch but it could have been done in one to get to that spot. If i'm right there should have been a overhanging roof right about your head where the sling was. I couldn't tell you about rapping from the top, like i said we started from the bottom. It was kinda wierd. When we hiked to the bottom that day we planned on trying something on the Main Wall but keep on trucking to the Wave Wall and just said this kinda looks do-able (if thats a word) Hope that helps. Gotta get back to Cape Clear this year. The rock was pretty solid on that clmb though.

James
aka Few and Far between Caper Climber
tradmonkey

Postby john » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 pm

james can you send me your email, I will send you a photo of the location to confirm mine is climb(at)unb.ca
john

Previous

Return to Nova Scotia