How do I get to terrence bay?

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

How do I get to terrence bay?

Postby campbeas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:58 pm

how do I get to terrence bay from Halifax?
campbeas

Postby The Mitt » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:03 pm

What part of T-Bay? Sorrows, Easter I, Medicene Wall?

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby campbeas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:27 pm

Where ever the good bouldering area is
campbeas

Postby tracstarr » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:31 am

well, the 'good' area is no longer available. It's on private land and we are not allowed to climb there. There are a 'few' boulders we are still able to access, but they are few and far between, and in my 'opinion', unless you are climbing v3/4 and above, not going to be much fun.

in either case, to get there, Take highway 333 towards peggy's cove from halifax. Turn left at terrence bay rd, which is maybe 20ish km along the 333. Drive for o, i'd say 5ish minutes until you find NiceView Drive on the left. It's got a hugh garbage bin near the road made of wood and has large rocks on top it. Park there. walk down the gravel road. don't go down anywhere that looks like there maybe be a house at the end of the road... aka driveway. it's about 10 min walk. You'll start to come into the open as you walk up a slight hill. keep walking up the steeper road that goes leftish. at the top is the first big boulder, barfight. it's got hmmm, a v7, v8, v9, v9, v3, v5 in that spot. barfight is the obvious long slopy traverse on the front of the boulder. it's what you'll notice. anyway, hope that helps.
tracstarr

Postby campbeas » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:28 am

I knew where Terence bay was, you see the road on the way to most other places in that area, I just had no idea where the boulders were.

Thanks for the help Keith, we'll probably end up going somewhere else to climb today.

Is anyone heading out? Doug and I are looking for somewhere new to climb today. I've never been to Terrence bay or grover so I was hoping to get out there, but that doesn't seem like it will happen now. Guess we'll head to either chebucto head or prospect ... aka our usual spots.

Was anyone in the LOC yesterday? Is it really muddy?

Adam
campbeas

Postby campbeas » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:31 am

campbeas wrote:I knew where Terence bay was, you see the road on the way to most other places in that area, I just had no idea where the boulders were.

Thanks for the help Keith, we'll probably end up going somewhere else to climb today.

Is anyone heading out? Doug and I are looking for somewhere new to climb today. I've never been to Terrence bay or grover so I was hoping to get out there, but that doesn't seem like it will happen now. Guess we'll head to either chebucto head or prospect ... aka our usual spots. If anyone is heading out to grover or terrence bay in the next few weeks and you want an extra body please let me know.

Was anyone in the LOC yesterday? Is it really muddy?

Adam
campbeas

Postby campbeas » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:31 am

What the ?

thats odd
campbeas

Return to Nova Scotia