Thursday (Feb. 19) or/and Friday (Feb. 20) Ice Climbing

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Thursday (Feb. 19) or/and Friday (Feb. 20) Ice Climbing

Postby Seb » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Would anybody be free to get out ice climbing on Thursday or/and Friday? The tides look good for Hall’s – high tide is at 7h37 on Thursday and an hour later on Friday. Don’t forget that I have all the gear (including screws and a dry rope) but no wheels.

Seb
Seb

Re: Thursday (Feb. 19) or/and Friday (Feb. 20) Ice Climbing

Postby Nette » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:36 pm

I'm interested but I'm not sure if I can get a car + I'll have to borrow the CNS alpine crampons. If you find a ride let me know if I can tag along.

Nette
Nette

Postby mick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 pm

You bought a dry rope eh?

If only you had a driver's license (*Teeheehehe*) you could buy a car and be done with it.

I'm up for some ice this weekend, but I got exams Thursday and Friday. Nette, I think Chuck has the CNS ice tools and crampons. Let me know if you're going to go get them from him, otherwise I'll pick them up and you can get them from me.
mick

Postby Seb » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Nette wrote:I'm interested but I'm not sure if I can get a car + I'll have to borrow the CNS alpine crampons. If you find a ride let me know if I can tag along.

Sweet Nette. If you can get a car let me know and I’ll let you know if I figure out a ride. Also, what size are your feet? I have a pair of size 10 boots and extra crampons.

Anybody else interested?

Seb
Seb

Postby Nette » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Hey,
No go for a car but if you can find a ride, I'd like to come. My feet are about ten so your boots will fit me for sure. I'll be in Wolfville for thusday & friday.

Nette
Nette

Postby Seb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Nette,

It looks like Sean Drohan, Dave, and I will be going out on Friday. We’ll be leaving Halifax at around 8h30, which means we’ll be nearing Wolfville at around 10h00. I believe we’ll be carpooling with Sean, so it would be best for you to get in contact with him to arrange a pickup. How about you email me at sebastian.launcelott@gmail.com and I’ll give you Sean’s phone number. I’ll bring the boots and crampons but I would recommend that you talk to Mick (micklevin@gmail.com) to see if you can get the CNS tools.

Seb
Seb

Postby prof » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Have wheels... but looks like you do too. Need a belay bunny?

Only in NS visiting, mind if I tag along? I've managed to scrounge everything apart from tools and a lid.

Kat
prof

Postby Seb » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:03 am

Hey Kat,

Trading tools and a helmet around is no big deal. I believe we’ll be meeting at the Kearney Road Tim Horton’s at around 9h00 and carpooling from there. However, it might be a good idea to call Sean Drohan to confirm your plans to meet up and that there’s a seat available for you in his car (I’m almost 100% sure that there will be but don’t want to give the final word in his absence). My email can be found above. Get a hold of me and I’ll give you his number.

Seb
Seb

Postby xTRICx » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:26 pm

hiya ppls...new to this forum ...didnt really know it was here .....i'm in middleton...livin in valley playin around these last few yrs in the dark on little unknown frozen trickles anywhere from 20 footers to 80 or better on the coast very similar to halls harbor only west. been feelin the itch to get back into more routine action ...was wondering if you guys are out most of the season here north of kentville? and if so may i join yas sometime...got all my own gear spare helms and harnesses no extra tools or boots ...but i have an extra set of rear clipping cramps.... anyway would love to hear from yas

902 825 4373
Tony Kinsman
xTRICx

Return to Nova Scotia