Sussex - Little Salmon River / Walton Glen Canyon this Satur

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Sussex - Little Salmon River / Walton Glen Canyon this Satur

Postby darrell » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:37 am

Hope to be heading up to the camp on Friday night, and having a relatively early start going into LSR Saturday morning. Will have skidoo and trailer up there. If a bunch of people are interested in going in, most could drive to where they stop plowing, just past Crawford Lake, at corner of main rd and Shepody rd.(few kms past Adair's Wilderness Lodge). I could meet up there and skidoo people the last 10km into one of the decent paths.

Hopefully someone else may "find" a skidoo, to make the transit work faster!!

Let me know if you are interested. Should be lots of room Friday night, and or Saturday night, if some people want to crash at the camp. It is 6 kmnw past Poley Mountain, in Walker Settlement. I can give better directions later, if anyone needs them.

My cell # is 506-444-1373, although cells do not work at camp, or LSR at all!!

Camp # is 506-433-1600. If you call Friday night / Sat morning, let ring alot, or try a bit later.
darrell

Re: Sussex - Little Salmon River / Walton Glen Canyon this Satur

Postby Seb » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 am

Hey Darell,

Sounds like a good time but unfortunately I’m busy this weekend. Do you think you’ll be making more trips up to your camp before the ice climbing season is done? I’d love to get in some climbing up there.

Seb
Seb

Re: Sussex - Little Salmon River / Walton Glen Canyon this Satur

Postby darrell » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Hey Seb - too bad you can't make it. I will let you know, next time I go up.

If anyone else is interested, here are directions to the camp. To drive / park near Little Salmon River, you would keep on main rd, past Poley mountain - follow knife/fork sign for Adair's Wilderness Lodge, and then drive about 2 km or so past Adair's, past Crawford Lake (has camps on it), and park where they stop plowing the road to the right side. (left rd marked Shepody rd continues on to the left.

The camp is 6 km past Poley mountain. Drive about 3km past Poley, (staying on the main Waterford rd) You will see a sign for the Walker Settlment rd. Turn right on the Walker Settlement rd, staying hard to the right - up a steep hill. The camp is about 3 or 3 1/2 km in the Walker Settlement rd, at the corner of the Long Settlement rd - There is a signpost for the Long Settlement rd. The camp is onlt 30 ft form this corner, but is a bit hard to see as it is hidden behind a couple of big evergreen trees. It is a very old, shingled, one room schoolhouse, with new windows and skilights.
darrell

Return to Nova Scotia