ATTENTION: ANYONE WHO CLIMBS IN NOVA SCOTIA

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

ATTENTION: ANYONE WHO CLIMBS IN NOVA SCOTIA

Postby Climb Nova Scotia » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:41 am

Climb Nova Scotia (CNS) will soon be re-applying for our annual funding and we need more members to be eligible (we are currently short of the 100 needed). If you suspect that your membership has recently expired, or will do so shortly, please visit http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/member.htmlfor member expiry dates (if you just recently purchased a membership don’t panic if you don’t see your name). Memberships can be easily purchased by sending a cheque by mail or online via PayPal.

For those not familiar with CNS, we are a non-profit organization aimed at promoting and facilitating all forms of climbing within the province (rock, ice, and indoor). We sponsor and organize a variety of initiatives including those relating to access issues, route development, competitions….pretty much anything that helps people get climbing! For more information on our activities during the last year, please visit our website (http://www.climbnovascotia.ca).

CNS is run by climbers like you and we need your support. Please become a member and feel free to approach us with any suggestions / project proposals you may have.
Climb Nova Scotia

Re: ATTENTION: CLIMBERS IN NOVA SCOTIA

Postby seanT » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey mabye selling memberships at the new Ground Zero might be a good way to increase membership and exposure for CNS?
seanT

Re: ATTENTION: PEOPLE WHO CLIMB IN NOVA SCOTIA

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 pm

I tweaked the title and put this in global announcements for the time being since it is something anyone in E.Canada can participate it.

I'll see about getting Rebecca to renew our membership.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby buzzard » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:25 pm

hey i just bought a membership and am spreading the news to anyone i know that climbs.Do you guys have t-shirts or anything that i can get.you have to be proud to be a climber.
buzzard

Postby Climb Nova Scotia » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 pm

CNS does have very stylish organic cotton tees for sale for only $10. They can be purchased during most CNS-sponsored events or by approaching a CNS board member directly.
Climb Nova Scotia

Postby seanT » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:30 am

Hey how about selling CNS tshirts at the new Ground Zero? They would look good up on the wall.
SeanT
seanT

Postby mick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:12 am

Hey Sean,

I'll be out at GZ on Saturday. I'll bring some CNS shirts, signup sheets, waiver forms and membership cards and we can get set up to hawk some memberships!
mick

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:33 am

How are the memberships coming along? How long until you apply for the funding?

I'm not sure if we have renewed ours yet or not. Hopefully Rebecca will be reminded now!
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:02 pm

chossmonkey wrote:How are the memberships coming along? How long until you apply for the funding?

I'm not sure if we have renewed ours yet or not. Hopefully Rebecca will be reminded now!

Hey! You're the one that hogs the computer all night!

Hopefully one of us will get the memberships tonight.
granite_grrl

Re: ATTENTION: CLIMBERS IN NOVA SCOTIA

Postby Rich » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:05 pm

To everyone that has showed their support for the climbing community by purchasing or renewing their CNS membership in the last few weeks - thanks!! We now have 89 members. Unfortunately, this is a bit short of the 100 we need to be eligible for funding and our application is due in several weeks. If you climb in the province, you benefit from the activities of CNS ....we pay for bolts, perform trail maintenance, sponsor competitions, negotiate access priveledges, hold social events (ex. boulderfest), maintain climbing areas, and a whole lot more. A 2-year membership only costs $20 and can be purchased online.
Rich

Re: ATTENTION: ANYONE WHO CLIMBS IN NOVA SCOTIA

Postby chossmonkey » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:59 pm

How many people does a family membership count as? Rebecca renewed ours as a family, but we could do it singly if it would get one more. 11 people shouldn't be that hard to get. Hopefully they can be found.
chossmonkey

Postby mick » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 pm

Family memberships have in the past counted as single members, but a motion was put forth at the AGM to have each family member counted individually. (Makes sense!)

This will involve contacting those who have family memberships and, as such, may take a little time. If you have a family membership (and you can tell if you do based on your member type as listed on climbnovascotia.ca), please email climbnovascotia@gmail.com with your name and the names of the other 3 family members to whom your membership applies.

Cheers
mick
CNS Prez
mick

Postby The Teth » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:20 pm

I renewed mine. That’s one more for ya.
The Teth
The Teth

Postby martha » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:27 am

I will renew mine (family of 4) today.

Cheers.

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby martha » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 am

Done. 4 more members.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby meganshand » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:44 am

Another member!
meganshand

Postby Chad » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:17 pm

another one here
Chad

Postby Scooter » Wed May 19, 2010 12:08 pm

About CNS
Climb Nova Scotia (CNS) is a non-profit, volunteer based group dedicated to promoting and facilitating climbing throughout Nova Scotia. Our goal is to support all climbing interests including trad climbing, sport climbing, ice climbing, indoor climbing, bouldering, and to serve beginners and experienced climbers alike.

CNS was founded in 1991 by a small group of dedicated local climbers and has grown to become the provincial authority on climbing. Climb Nova Scotia receives annual funding and support from the Nova Scotia Department of Health Promotion and Protection.

Did you know that Climb Nova Scotia:

1) Reimburses the cost of route maintenance and supports development of new areas like Tha G Spot sport crag?
2) Contributes financially to the production of climbing videos and websites such as Climb Eastern Canada, Bouldering.ca, and Zigtv?
4) Helps troubled youth and persons with mental illness experience climbing in a gym at no cost to them?
5) Provides logistical and monetary support to erect bouldering walls for kids in public schools?
6) Makes gyms safer by providing custom oversize bouldering mats?
7) Has climbing gear available for member use?
8) Maintains ties and negotiate with land owners for continued access to your favorite climbing areas?
9) Puts on amazing events and festivals that bring participants from far and wide?
10) Has an executive that works really hard and appreciates your support?

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Climb Nova Scotia delivers more value for your membership dollars than you’ll find anywhere else, so please show your support. Join up and help out!
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby *Chris* » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm buying my first membership right now.
*Chris*

Postby Scooter » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 am

Sweet!
Scott.R
Scooter

Return to Nova Scotia