Ground Zero Routes

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Ground Zero Routes

Postby Andrew09 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Are there any numberd/coloured routes set up (1-30) like the last GZ and does anybody know when the new league starts up?
Also does anyone know if metro transit are putting a bus anywhere close to GZ, i mean they've opened up the road to dartmouth crossing from burnside so they might send a bus that way. Any info is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew09

Re: Ground Zero Routes

Postby peter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:01 am

Andrew09 wrote:Are there any numberd/coloured routes set up (1-30) like the last GZ and does anybody know when the new league starts up? Also does anyone know if metro transit are putting a bus anywhere close to GZ, i mean they've opened up the road to dartmouth crossing from burnside so they might send a bus that way. Any info is very much appreciated. Thanks

Buses: the 56 & 64 get you the closest, but might have limited schedules. See: http://www.halifax.ca/metrotransit/Sche ... ex.asp#bus

There are taped routes, but I didn't notice route info/grades/numbers.

I was out there on Saturday, and must say it is big, bright and has lots of variation.

Well done, Sean Th. Best wishes for the new location.
A monk asked Quiglin Shiqian, "What is a person who has realized the Way?"
Quiglin said, "Embracing the ice and snow, head and eyebrows held high."
peter

Postby Scooter » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:40 pm

The numbered routes 1-30 are part of NS Bouldering League hosted by Ground Zero. These typically only stay up for 3 weeks. As of right now I do not think it has started up again. I am sure the owner is swamped, especially last week being March break, but there are taped problems/ routes.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby SteveDave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:04 pm

There are tonnes of taped bouldering problems and taped toproping routes. None of them have numbers or grades, but there is a decent representation of routes/problems in the intermediate to advanced range, and a few for beginners.

If this sounds inconvenient, think of it as an opportunity to learn how to eyeball boulder problems in order to guage their difficulty relative to your skill. :P

- Steve
SteveDave

Postby Murph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:19 pm

The UNB climbing gym uses a general taping scheme where beginner routes are marked with solid color, intermediates are marked with a stripe and advanced routes are marked with an "X". Makes it clear for first timers and cuts down on time spent falling off advanced routes that I can't do. :lol:
-"Why do this instead of a 5.13 sport climb?"
-"Cause this is way more bitch!n'"
Matt Segal, The sharp end
Murph

Return to Nova Scotia