New Video, no snow

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

New Video, no snow

Postby pulldown » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:40 am

There is a new post up on http://www.bouldering.ca. I'm sure we will see days like this again very soon.

Todd
pulldown

Re: New Video, no snow

Postby Scooter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Yo T I tried to watch two videos on my laptop yesterday. I haven't tried them on another computer but they were not working on my laptop... not sure if anyone else is having the same problem either. Anywho keep 'em coming.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby pulldown » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Yo Scooter. Thanks for the heads up. I cleared my cache and then went back to [url]bouldering.ca[/url] and all the videos (hosted by youtube and Vimeo) seem to be working fine. Upgrade Man! Modernize!

Seriously though, i hope most people are not having trouble viewing the site. I was out on the weekend and shot some more new stuff that will be up in the next few weeks. Also when i have time i'm digging through the archives for more videos to post up. Enjoy!

Todd
pulldown

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:01 pm

works on Mac
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby SteveDave » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:00 pm

Scott:

There is a ton of documentation online about these sorts of problems, so if you want to look it up on your own go for it. However I have a few suggestions that might help.

It seems like your flash plugin for whatever browser you're using has either been corrupted or is missing the appropriate driver for vimeo's coding. (I don't even know if they code differently, to be honest. If you can run youtube videos, but not these ones, it's possible there's a fundamental difference in the way they wrote their video portals.)

What you should try to do is reinstall flash on your browser. Pretty easy step, just click this link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I don't know if that helps, hopefully you've already fixed the problem. Also, don't use internet explorer. Firefox (and safari, but mostly just firefox because macs are for trend w*****) is waaaaay better.

- Steve

P.S. if anybody reads this and says 'what an idiot, he should have suggested doing [random tech advice] instead' post up.

Also to you mac fanboys/girls out there, the first step to addiction is admitting you have a problem. Stop sending love letters to Steve Jobs.
SteveDave

Return to Nova Scotia