looking for high quality pictures for new CNS website

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

looking for high quality pictures for new CNS website

Postby tracstarr » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:09 am

i'm looking for any great climbing shots that i can incorperate into the new CNS website free of charge (credit given only). if you have any send them and your info to <my user name> AT hotmail.com. i'll let you know if i decide to use them.

thanks.
tracstarr

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:23 am

Welcome to use anything off my site (http://www.mitchleblanc.com) and take a look at X-img too, there are more nice ones there... maybe you want pure NS ones? In that case I can't help.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:32 am

so if we post images on your site? are they free to be copied?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mike » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:03 am

I think you should use the one titled 'Unknown Gem' on Mitch's site- it's from boulderfest, so it's got NS content... really nice shot.

Kinda makes me wanna go bouldering.

Mike
mike

Postby tracstarr » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:12 am

not sure what you're getting at fred. i'm looking for 4-6 pictures to incorporate into the design layout for the new CNS site. that's all. copyright and credit will be kept as the original photographer. there won't be an image gallery or anything like that. or am i totally taking this wrong and you were talking to mitch?
tracstarr

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:12 am

I disagree. Perhaps I didn't read the fine print on Mitch's website but I hope our photos aren't up for grabs except for x-img to use. If that's the case I probably won't post anymore photos on x-img. Simply because having redundant photos on more than one local website is lame.

That is why I never post the same photos as Zig and he does the same eventhough we have photos from same dates and places.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:21 am

tracstarr wrote:not sure what you're getting at fred. i'm looking for 4-6 pictures to incorporate into the design layout for the new CNS site. that's all. copyright and credit will be kept as the original photographer. there won't be an image gallery or anything like that. or am i totally taking this wrong and you were talking to mitch?

yeah sorry. I was thinking more in terms of x-img. If you want some NS photos that I haven't used on the net yet I probably have some at home. I'll have a look.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby tracstarr » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:52 am

cool.
tracstarr

Postby dcentral » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:25 pm

According to the X-img site.

"Intellectual property and copyright
Any images submitted to X-img are provided with the understanding that X-img reserves the right to sell, modify, re-use, or reproduce the submitted images in any way we deem appropriate."

http://www.x-img.com/terms.php
dcentral

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:52 pm

I see. thx
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:56 pm

Fred wrote:so if we post images on your site? are they free to be copied?

No, they're not free to be copied by anyone, and if they were copied I would take action to have them removed. That being said, if you upload your photos to X-img (see post above by dcentral) then you are giving X-img permission to do whatever (we) want with them. I forsee that when the situation arises, I will ask for your permission first, regardless.

In this case, I suggested only that tracstarr take a look at the photos online; I wouldn't have given away your photos without your permission, especially for free.

Regarding your stance against having duplicate photos.. well, I think it's not likely that any two photos are the exact same, and i think it's nice to have as many photos online as possible! (see my site for 100's of photos of people falling off and warming up on the same routes ever weekend ;) )
mitchleblanc

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:22 am

yes but the shots that I upload to x-img are usually my best photos. I do it to help out your website since I have a website of my own where I can advertise my photos. I'd hate to see them used on other sites. Those 200 other photos that didn't make the cut I don't bother uploading but I do have them at home. That's why I was telling Tracstar I'd look in that pile instead of using a similar photo. Of the 4 photos that I do have on x-img there are NOT countless others like it.

Anywho. It doesn't matter cause I didn't read the fine print I guess. I was just a bit surprised when you told him to check out x-img for some photos. My bad. :D
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:32 am

Understood. don't worry, I'd have asked first before letting anyone use your shots.
mitchleblanc

Postby Fred » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:45 am

Cool

I'm just a little worried cause I'm sending a few of them in with a Gripped article.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Nova Scotia