beta for Kidston lake

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

beta for Kidston lake

Postby ben smith » Thu May 05, 2005 10:14 am

alright i heard about kidston lake earlier and tried to find it but no luck does any one have directions that would work using the bus? Chris eager said something about an Elizabeth Sutherland school but I couldn't find it, also if anyone knows the beta for where the problems start andfinihs that would help too.
thanks
ben smith

Postby tracstarr » Thu May 05, 2005 10:29 am

no idea ben. but scott r and i are heading to west pennant today when i get off work. if you wanna go let me know.
tracstarr

kidston lake

Postby Eager » Thu May 05, 2005 6:02 pm

The best way to get to kidston lake is to take the 20 herring cove, get the bus driver to let you off at the top of greystone rd. in view of rockingstone school. From here walk up to the school, then around back there is a soccer field, walk to the far side of the field where a gravel road goes into Kidston Lake park. when you see the lake take a right to get to the Boxcar or left to go to the Rockingstone there are a few other small boulders around as well. The park is wide open and small so if you walk around enough you can't miss the boulders Let me know when your planning on going and, if I'm around I can give you a tour. If your driving you need different directions.
Eager

Postby ben smith » Fri May 06, 2005 8:27 pm

hey chris thanks, i have a pretty good idea where to go now- i took the 20 to the school in that haggard ghetto area but i couldn't see a name so i didn't get off the bus. I figured out later that that is Elizabeth sutherland school from sean. I'm probably going out there early next week if you are interested depending on the weather.
ben smith

Kidston

Postby Eager » Sat May 07, 2005 9:35 am

If you took the 20 that was Rockingstone school, follow the directions I posted, you can also take the 14 but you have to walk a bit further.
Eager

Postby ben smith » Thu May 12, 2005 12:09 pm

hey chris i found the boulders, they look rad but the whole place was a swamp after the rain, the trail was a stream- Where are the best lines?
ben smith

Postby Eager » Mon May 16, 2005 9:04 am

Well there's around 15 problems, from v0 to hard v7 and some hard projects. If I can make it over to BG in the next couple of days I'll write up a guide.
Eager

Return to Nova Scotia