Who wants to go climbing? Looking for climbing partners

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Who wants to go climbing? Looking for climbing partners

Postby ClimbingGirl » Sat May 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi,

I've recently moved to NS from BC. I am looking for some climbing partners.

I've been climbing sport for 10 years and trad for 5 years. I'm keen to get out and climb. I'm capable of climbing up 5.11a/b sport and 5.10b trad, but willing to give anything route a try. It's still early in the season so I'd like keep it easy for a little while, until the winter cobwebs have been cleared out.

Michelle
ClimbingGirl

Re: Who wants to go climbing? Looking for climbing partners

Postby mick » Tue May 19, 2009 4:37 pm

I'm stuck at work this week and next but am trying to find climbing partners for a friend who's visiting from Montreal for 10 days. She's been climbing for years, just got back from the TDB, leads trad and sport and has her own gear with her, but no car.
If you're heading out and have an empty seat please give me a call at 425-6425 or email micklevin at gmail dot com and I'll put Aryane in touch with you!

cheers
mick
mick

Postby Seb » Sun May 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Michelle,

I’m ultra keen on climbing trad/sport. I’ve got all the gear but no ride. I’m interested in getting out as much as possible – I like to get out during the week as well as on the weekends if I can. When’s the next time you can fit in a session? Tomorrow and the next day look good in terms of weather. I’ll be free after 14h00 on Monday and 17h00 on Tuesday. Email me at sebastian.launcelott@gmail.com or call me at 830-0595 to arrange plans.

Seb Launcelott
Seb

Postby Jamie Simpson » Thu May 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Hey Michelle,

I'm keen to get out as well, and looking for partners... I've been out a couple of times with Mick and Aryenne. I'm more of a roped climber -- both trad and sport. Been climbing for 10 years or so, and have a rack (and a car).

you can reach me at bocabec (at) gmail (dot) com

Best,
Jamie
Jamie Simpson

Postby McJ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi Michelle,

I just moved here as well. I've been climbing out in Alberta for about 3 years. I climb sport, and have all my own gear and a car. I'm a little out of shape at the moment, but nothin' a few good days of climbing won't solve. Drop me a line if you're interested. joshisheretoo@yahoo.ca. Laterz,

Josh
McJ

Postby Scooter » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Yoo,

I mostly boulder but I like to get on the twine here and there. Oh, and I have a ride. Work during the days but can get out after work (5ish) and on weekends. Been climbing for 6 years but barely at all during the past 1.5 years so I need to get stoked!!

So if any of you would like to get out drop me an email:

srichardson at dal.ca
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby cstamp » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:26 pm

bow wow, give a dog a bone.
How about you stick to your rope there Michelle. If you have to boulder keep your spotting hands away from Scooter.
:evil: He is mine. :twisted:

:idea: :mrgreen: Anyway to keep you on rope. There is this grizzly old man who posts as chameleon :shock: , you should ask him.
cstamp

Postby mick » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Apparently there will be a million cars meeting at the Rotary tomorrow at 1pm to go climbing somewhere.
mick

Return to Nova Scotia