Boulderfest

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Postby Fred » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:48 pm

I'll sell you my space for $200 8)
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby tracstarr » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:53 am

hey, i know of one person trying to get rid of 2 tickets.. emilierondeau AT yahoo.ca
tracstarr

Postby E.Sko » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:34 am

Thanks Keith :D
Who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
E.Sko

ok.. does anyone need a ride to boulderfest (from hali)

Postby pawel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:15 am

Well.. since there are no rides available.. lauren and i will be renting a car.. and there are two seats available in that..

so does anyone need a ride down to boulderfest?

reply or email thejaffe21@hotmail.com

can't wait!

pawel.
pawel

Postby tracstarr » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:19 pm

dude, that's kinda crappy. i'm sure if you thumbed your way with pads on your back someone heading to the island would pick you up. A lot of the people going don't visit this board. I'd pick ya up but i'm riding with someone else who's full. sorry.
tracstarr

Postby martha » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:20 pm

We've got 3 or 4 full cars coming from Fredericton. Did you stop into the gym to see if anyone there can give you a lift?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby The Teth » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:01 pm

If you want a Boulderfest 05 commemorative sticker for your water bottle or car window, bring some change. I am not sure of the price but I expect they will be 1 or 2 dollars.
The Teth

no worries!

Postby pawel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:26 pm

no worries..

i thought about hitching it.. i just don't wanna miss the boat.. that would suck.. its not a big deal.. just seing if i can save a bit'o money

i'm in ottawa now.. and lauren is frantically working 12 hour days so she can go.. so no time to go to the gym..

i figured it was worth a shot to post here..

all is well.. im just happy it looks like its going to be sunny this weekend!!
(knocking on wood as i type this)

pawel.
pawel

fire wood

Postby The Teth » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:15 pm

The driftwood on the island has been picked over. There might be some new stuff this year, but anyone who likes siting around a camp fire might want to bring some fire wood with them.
The Teth

Postby martha » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:21 pm

Thanks to Norm and Giz, we had lots of fire wood. They have been collecting drift wood on their shore for a while and delivered a bunch for us before the start of boulderfest!!!

Awesome!!!

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:25 pm

Aaarrrrggghh!!! I'm sooo sore, it feels like I was hit by a train. Quite possibly with one of those cow plows on it.... meh. Boulderfest was awesome, had a great time. Thanks to everybody that helped out to make it happen.
Nate
Nate

Postby lukelovesclimbin » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:57 pm

i second nate on that one, that you so much CNS, and everyone else that helped.
Yeah I can just dyno, at the very top and I don't really get so scared.
You don’t really realize so much how high you are, and then you fall.
lukelovesclimbin

Postby granitoid » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:27 am

Did anybody lose a cooler?
granitoid

Postby Zamboni » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:16 pm

There was a small green cooler that ended up in the back of my truck, It wasn't mine or keiths, didn't know how it got there. I left it next to the CNS leftovers.

Conan.
Zamboni

Postby granitoid » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:39 pm

I think the green one you're talking about was Ben's - but there was also a small blue cooler in that pile that nobody has claimed...
granitoid

Postby The Teth » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:48 pm

Boulderfest went very smoothly this year. I would like to thank some of the major players who helped make it happen.

Cara Hazelton organized Boulderfest this year, long distance from New Brunswick. Amazing!

Ben Smith handled groceries this year and did a great job of making sure there was enough food for everyone.

Chris Daniel did the leg work at the last minute to get us a keg. I think he contacted every brewery in Halifax. Finally, a day before Boulderfest Olands came through with a FREE keg of Keith’s Beer. Good work Chris! (Chris also helped Ben transport all that food out to West Dove, and is responsible for those cool event stickers.)

Conan Baker picked up the BBQ and transported the keg. Boulderfest would not be the same without those two items. Thanks Conan.

Chris Hayes and Keith Swyer handled the web component, from advertising, to boat lists, to registration forms. To make things more confusing we were forced to change Web sites, Webmasters, and Web servers right in the middle of organizing Boulderfest. (We would have preferred to do it after Boulderfest when the new site was finished, but our server registration expired at the most inopportune time.)

Chris Hays also handled most of the registration, handled check-in at the boat, and setup some of the essential services on the island.

These were just the major players I know about. I did not take part in organizing the event this year (or at least tried to stay out of it) so there are probably several people who helped out this year who I do not know about. I would like to thank everyone who gave a hand this year, and all the participants who made this such a positive event.

Teth Cleveland, President of Climb Nova Scotia
The Teth

Postby Zamboni » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:36 pm

Don't for get about the shurbas,

Good job Dave, and peter!
Zamboni

Previous

Return to Nova Scotia