HOW TO BOOK A TRIP TO DOVER

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

HOW TO BOOK A TRIP TO DOVER

Postby bns » Wed May 27, 2009 9:00 pm

It has come to my attention that the majority of climbers have forgotten how to successfully book their trip to Dover Island. Here is a short guide which WILL improve your odds of booking your trip to the island.

1- Check extended forecast for potential weather

2- Organize a group who will commit to showing up the day of (cost is still $15/person round trip and $75 minimum group charge)

3- Call Norm (823-3339) 3 days ahead of time. Not 24 or 12 hours. If you don't reach him leave a detailed message. He checks his messages regularly.

4- Check weather forecast again. If the weather forecast looks promising go to (5). if not go to (6).

5- cross your fingers and pack your things

6- If you decided to cancel have the courtesy to call Norm back to let him know you will not be coming

Hope this helps you in your venture to the island.

Ghislain
bns

Re: NEW! A guide on how to successfully book a trip to Dover Isl

Postby betaburgler » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:15 am

Awesome idea Zig. This should get placement as an announcement, very helpful!
Nathan Benjamin
betaburgler

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:06 pm

I had it sticky'd, but moved it to the announcements since it might stand out a little better.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Baxterminator » Wed May 12, 2010 11:18 am

It should be noted that a bottle of sake every now and then will always put a smile on Norm's face.
Baxterminator

Postby Scooter » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:40 am

***PLEASE NOTE THE MINIMUM BOAT CHARGE OF $75.00***
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:50 am

************PLEASE READ**************

Spring is just around the corner so I thought I would touch base with CNS regarding several changes for the trip to DOVER Island. This service is only offered to CNS and its associates because of the "no trace policy" and the respect everyone has shown to that special place called DOVER Island. Access to this world class climbing area is very special. We do not take sight seers, day trippers or tourists only climbers this remains the policy.

The first change is the cost. For many years the price remained the same. Because of rising costs for fuel, maintenance and other related expenses it has become necessary to raise the price from $15 to $20 and the minimum will be four climbers or $80.

The second change is that I will no longer be involved in the service (I'm going sailing). Gizz will be your man. You will still be leaving from my place and everyone is welcome to park there anytime to canoe, kyack, swim to DOVER Island. I look forward to seeing everyone soon and BOULDERFEST 2011 should be a BLAST!

The new phone number is Clifton (Gizzell) Morash- 902-823-3037.

NORM
Email: anvil-m@hotmail.com
March 4, 2011
Scott.R
Scooter

Re: HOW TO BOOK A TRIP TO DOVER

Postby mick » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 am

The Dover boat, as of last season, typically leaves from the bed and breakfast owned by Rod just around the corner from Norm's red barn. The launch is now from a proper dock, and reservations can be made by calling Rod at Ocean Spray B&B at 1 (902) 823-1145 or 1 (902) 488-4545.

The boat is piloted by Rod or Gizz as above. All the same rules as previous posts still apply.

Ocean Spray B&B website here
mick

Return to Nova Scotia