BOULDERFEST 2009

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

BOULDERFEST 2009

Postby mick » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Hey all,

Boulderfest has been moved this year to August 1-2 weekend. Tickets should be available next week at the Trail Shop, MEC Halifax, Ground Zero Climbing Gym and the Dalplex Rock Court or on climbnovascotia.ca

Only 75 overnight tickets will be sold due to limited camping space, but day passes will be available if we sell out.
Attachments
Bfest poster 2009.jpg
mick

Re: BOULDERFEST 2009

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 pm

mick wrote:Hey all,

Boulderfest has been moved this year to August 1-2 weekend. Tickets should be available next week at the Trail Shop, MEC Halifax, Ground Zero Climbing Gym and the Dalplex Rock Court or on climbnovascotia.ca

Only 75 overnight tickets will be sold due to limited camping space, but day passes will be available if we sell out.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm going to be back home during that time, but up in Cape Breton for a wedding! Dammit!
granite_grrl

Postby bns » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:16 pm

http://www.climbnovascotia.ca/Boulderfest2009.html

Tickets are now on sale through paypal on CNS's website.

Limited tickets.

Ghislain
CNS webmaster
bns

Postby mick » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:48 pm

I'd just like to point out that it's a good thing we move Boulderfest this year, since it would have been this weekend otherwise and it poured rain all day both days.

Called it! :)

Tickets are going fast, get yours today at climbnovascotia.ca, MEC, Ground Zero, or the Trail Shop
mick

Postby Scooter » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:47 am

I would just like to point out that this year there will be some SERIOUS SCHWEEET SHWAGG given away at Bfest 09!!

Remember to mark your calendars for Aug 1&2 (rain date 3rd) and if you haven't purchased your CNS membership yet -- DO IT!!

Get psyched, get in shape and get ready to BRINGS DA RUCKUS to the Island! WOOOOOOOOO!

I am f@*^%$g amped.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby cstamp » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:13 am

1/3 gone. Be part of the other 2/3.
Get your tickets @ MEC, Ground Zero, Trail Shop, Rockcourt (dalplex), and online @ http://www.Climbnovascotia.ca

BOULDERFEST

August.
HOT SUN.
COOL NIGHT SESSIONS.
THREE COURSE MEAL WITH RESERVATION.
(Head Chef Todd)
BREAKFAST BRUNCH.

Swag is insane. Even if you don't climb you should gamble on winning some.

Boulderfest video
http://bouldering.ca/archives/300
Buy the whole video. Get the beta. Send like Zig!
cstamp

Postby SeanM » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm going to get my ticket tomorrow! As a boulderfest first timer, what should I bring, besides my harness (to take part in any top roping that gets set up), shoes, chalk and crash pad (if I have one by then)? I've got my basic camping gear, tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes, etc, but is there anything else I need to be aware of to bring to make it the best possible experience?

Should I bother bringing my anchor gear and dynamic rope, or will there be enough of that stuff on hand?

Thanks for the beta :)
SeanM

Postby Scooter » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Bring some personal food and lots of water. Don't forget raingear just in case. Anything you bring with you, you take out.

Saturday Dinner is pasta (cheese tortelleni, sp?) with chicken OR pepperoni, rolls annnd some goods for dessert.

Sick prizes, special BFEST T's, pyrotecnics, and every participant gets a bag of free loot as soon as they get on the island.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Oh yeah -- forgot to mention -- there will be a yoga instructor on the island. YOGA BY THE WAVE YEOWWW
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby SeanM » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:01 pm

One more thing:

Where will we all be parking to get the boat? Can someone post directions or addresses or coordinates or something for the parking area and the boat catchy place? Thanks and see you out there!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SeanM

Postby mick » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Boulderfest is this coming weekend and it's going to be the biggest climbing event you have ever seen. Don't miss out or you have to wait another year!

Tickets still available at just $40 for CNS members, only $50 for non-members at http://www.climbnovascotia.ca

Here's what you get:

Climbing:
-Over 100 high quality boulder problems, beautiful scenery, perfect conditions with sunshine and coastal breeze, swimming

Transportation:
-Boat to and back from Dover Island, Free parking on the main land

Food:
-Stuffed pasta dinner with fresh sauces, fresh coffee, bagels with cream cheese and fruit for breakfast, energy bars and drinks

Goodie bag:
-Event t-shirt, Climbing tape, Chalk, Flashlight, Gatorade, Clif bar, Island guide book with scorecard and pencil

Prizes up for grabs:
-North Face sleeping bags, North Face backpacks, Dinner for two at the Wooden Monkey, Punch pass to Ground Zero, Punch pass to the Rock Court, Punch pass to the Yoga Loft, Bluewater ropes, Evolve footwear, Gift certificate at Cyclesmith, Gift certificate to Ideal Bikes

Bonus goodness:
-Sunday morning sun salutation yoga session courtesy of the Yoga Loft, Friendly comp format with Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced categories, Evening camp fire, Medic on site and free sunscreen, Washroom facilities with hand sanitizer, Red Bull surprises, Extra crash pads available and probably climbing shoes on request.

You would be crazy not to come to this event. Buy your ticket today online at http://www.climbnovascotia.ca or in Halifax at MEC, Trail Shop, or Ground Zero Climbing gym.

You need to bring your own:
-Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, toiletries, towel
-Spoon and fork and large mug or bowl
-At least 2L of water per person (NO GLASS CONTAINERS)

If you miss this you better be dead or in jail - and if you're in jail BREAK OUT

Tickets still available at just $40 for CNS members, only $50 for non-members at http://www.climbnovascotia.ca
mick

Postby Scooter » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:35 am

Don't forget some raingear and some extra food/ snacks.

I don't believe there has ever been more time nor effort put into this event. This is definately going to be the biggest boulderfest to date.

Don't miss it.

The t-shirts, goodie bags, transportation and meals are valued at the price of the ticket alone and you have a chance at winning free schwag valued at ..... find out.

Oh, and Dover Island offers some of the best bouldering in NS.

Giggity-giggity
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby SteveDave » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 pm

What's our personal cargo limit?

Can we bring coolers and is there room for large tents or is the space at the camping area limited? Also: Guitar. Guitar?

Other questions of that nature. What are YOU GUYS (experienced boulderfesters) bringing?

Yeah.

Steve
SteveDave

Postby Scooter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 am

You can bring whatever you like, within reason.
Typically I bring whatever will fit in my pad - tent, therma rest, shoes and chalk. I usually bring a back pack - 50L or so - with all my clothing, headlamps, stove, propane etc. If you were to have two packs along with your pad that should do it, or a cooler.

oh, and of course, a sleeping bag.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:30 am

Feel free to bring the guitar. Campsites are somewhat limited but there has not been any issues with tents in the past. That being said - if you have a massive hotel sized room for a tent - sharing with friends would be considerate for others and the island.

See you all there!!
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:26 am

Please read the following as an important reminder:

Boulderfest is Scheduled for Sat Aug 1st - Sun Aug 2nd. Should this event be cancelled due to the weater, the dates will move to Sun Aug 2nd - Mon Aug 3rd. WE WILL NOTIFY VIA MSG BOARD NO LATER THAN TOMORROW LUNCH HOUR.

The first boat will leave Saturday at 9AM and you must be registered to get on the boat. Ghislain Losier and Heather Bray will be at Norms around 8:30AM to take registration. The boat will run until 12PM and there will be late boats in the afternoon, but please be curtious to Norm and try to show earliest as possible. IF you arrive after 12PM chances are you might be chillin with Norm until more people arrive to avoid excess runs.

For those who are participating for Sat only, the FIRST BOAT OFF THE ISLAND will be around 7 - 7:30 PM UNTIL DUSK (Roughly 9 - 9:30PM)

For those participating for the whole event the first boat off the island will commence at 12PM and roughly every hour on the hour until everyone is gone. It would be good to organize your time with a crew so Norm is not waiting around.

Dinner will be served on Sat starting at 5:30 - 6PM ish.

Carmen from the Yoga Loft will be donating her time to demonstrate some yoga practice on the Island. As of right now it is not confirmed whether she will be spending the night or not, therefore, Yoga is tentatively scheduled to take place at roughly 4 - 4:30ish, BEFORE DINNER, as a restorative session after a days climbing. Again, this is a tentative shedule. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO, PLEASE BRING A YOGA MAT FOR COMFORT. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE ON THE GROUND OR PAD AND WILL HAVE TO MAKE DUE. Participation is not necessary but if you plan to take part please be on time!

Breakfast will be served Sun starting at 8:00AM. Once everything is laid out it will be self serve, first come first serve. We will begin drawing prizes shortly thereafter.

REMINDER: NO DOGS ON NORMS PROPERTY. ANYTHING YOU TAKE ON THE ISLAND MUST LEAVE WITH YOU. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!!

I think that is all I have to say.

CNS Volunteers:

Mick Levin
Ghislain Losier
Scott Richardson
Chris Richardson
Kate Smith
Heather Bray
Ben Quek
Craig Stamp
Sean Therien
Todd Foster and,

Sean McCout (MEC)
Ben? (MEC)

My apologies if I forgot someone or if I missed something -- I am supposed to be working right now.

Peace!
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 am

PLEASE USE THE BATHROOM FACILITIES ON SITE! AND REFRAIN FROM USING NUMERO-UNO IN THEM IF YOU CAN.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Bosonator » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:32 am

Um... back home "numero uno" is liquid and "numero dos" is solid (under ideal conditions, anyway). I hope numero uno is OK, 'cause I'm going to be drinking a lot of water in the hot sun!
"Dear God, please save me from your fan club."
Bosonator

Postby Scooter » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 am

numero-solido only (if can be controlled) please. If you can liquidate :shock: in a secluded area (away from paths and rock) that would be great.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby SeanM » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:19 pm

Easier for us than the ladies to Numero Uno behind a rock. Hopefully we won't have any incidents ;)
SeanM

Postby Scooter » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:35 am

Weather forecast is stating that rain should clear by noon hour tomorrow.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby cstamp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28 am

Pee in the sea please. Don't pee on veritical rock; it could be a climb.
There are several areas to pee including but no exclusively the large puddles above the "the wave area to solarium area" and west of John doe area. If you have a lookout you can use the protect ocean pool in front of "the wave".
cstamp

Postby cstamp » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:30 am

Bring Sunscreen. Don't suffer on
Sunday just because somebody else did 2009 years ago.
cstamp

Postby mspeverill » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:50 am

Are there people going for only the second day?
mspeverill

Postby Scooter » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:12 pm

One day event is for Sat only.
Scott.R
Scooter

Return to Nova Scotia