Excellent Adventure

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Excellent Adventure

Postby Seb » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm

There’s a rumor going around that Excellent Adventure, between Sorrow’s End and Sorrow’s Other End, has not been lead before. Does anybody know if this is true? If so, the route saw its first lead today by yours truly and was seconded by Ray Seto.
Seb

Re: Excellent Adventure

Postby chameleon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:16 am

Nice try Seb! As noted in the guide, the route had an FA and was given a free climbing grade, so it would've been led.
Only rarely would a TR be included as an "established route" and it would've been clearly noted as such.

So how was EA? Sad to say i've not tried it. It was only this year that i ventured down to Creme de la Crimp which is a real gem.

Peace. Ommmmmmmmmm.
S
chameleon

Postby Seb » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 am

Thanks Sean. I guess I've learned a couple things here: (1) if there's a picture of somebody leading a route in the guide book then that route has probably already been lead (but have you really looked at that picture? The guy doesn't have any gear in and he's right at the crux! What's up with that? Based on this, I think my assumption that he must be top roping and for some reason is just towing up another line has some validity), and (2) never trust rumors that can be traced back to Todd Foster.

By the way, the name of the route is very apt. The climb was an excellent adventure! Although, Sean, I do have to say that the guide is a little misleading when it makes mention of rappelling down to a "ledge" just above the water from which to belay. This ledge is not wide enough to stand on without an anchor. In fact, we found it prudent to set a hanging belay. It's cool though; this just added to the adventure.
Seb

Postby pulldown » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:35 am

I don't think that i've ever been asked about a FA on Excellent Adventure. If i had i would have taken credit for the FA. :twisted:
pulldown

Postby chameleon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:30 pm

...and the guidebook was a work of fiction, don't take anything seriously in there. any pictures of me leading would've been photoshop'd
chameleon

Postby Seb » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Haha...I stand corrected. I guess the lesson here, then, is to be skeptical of what Mick tells you! He's a shifty character - I'd watch out for that guy.
Seb

Postby pulldown » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:11 pm

yeah next thing Mick will tell you is that those are his cams he's using. Or even worse he will lead you to believe he has any idea how to use them.
pulldown

Postby bns » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Haaa! Double burn!
bns

Return to Nova Scotia