Looking to climb - first week of Aug

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Looking to climb - first week of Aug

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:27 am

So I'm headed back home for a wedding on the long weekend, but then plan on sticking around Halifax area for the week or so. I'm just wondering if anyone would be looking to climb mid-week? I'm mostly interested in climbing routes, I'll have my rack with me and I know how to use it....but I might be persuaded for a little bouldering as long as I'm not expected to actually do much bouldering when I'm out :) (note: this isn't a slag on boulderers, I actually broke my leg and pelvis a few years ago and can't take many ground falls in a day).

Out of curiosity, will the Monday night bouldering session be held on the 3rd, or will it be canceled because of boulderfest? Any other regular activities going on? (I'll have to make a trip to the new GZ, if only to check out the new facilities)
granite_grrl

Re: Looking to climb - first week of Aug

Postby jipstyle » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Well, I was laid-off on Monday ... so I'm now free to go climbing any time during the week!

I'm a sport-climber who boulders in NS 'cause there are so few decent bolted lines here ... but I'm happy to second a trad climber.

Barring the sudden appearance of a new job, I'm available to play belay-monkey! :)
jipstyle

Postby TMN » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:58 pm

I am also unemployed and am up for climbing anytime. I would also follow and belay. Just let me know when!
TMN

Postby Seb » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 pm

To granit_grrl, the unemployed, August vacationers, and those who are willing to call in sick to work or skip school for the sake of climbing. I'm taking the entire month of August off before I start school in September. I'd like to try to fit in as much climbing as possible during my vacation (by this I mean I'd climb all day every day if I could). I will likely be going to New England to climb for a week at some point in August (exact dates are yet to be determined), but I would be up for climbing around Halifax any other time. I'm totally psyched on trad but I don't have much of an interest in bouldering (unlike granite-grrl, I'm not going to include a note to try to soften the blow of such statements). I've got all the gear but no ride. I'm also pretty familiar with most of the standard crags (i.e. First Face, Main Face, and Sorrow's End. I'm hoping to soon become familiar with Columbus Wall) If any of the people who have posted here, or anybody else, wants to get out for some rad sends during the month of August, please get a hold of me: sebastian.launcelott@gmail.com.
Seb

Postby Matt Peck » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:14 pm

I too would be keen to become familar with Columbus. Tried to find it today, but I think the road has grown up quite a bit and it was hard to figure out exactly where the turnoff on the trail was.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:24 am

I know most of the crag, but it has been a while for most of them. I would love to get back to Columbus assuming the bugs have died down enough. I think my parent's still have a canoe so places like Crow's Nest might also be an option.

It's a little exciting that there's so many options of people to get out climbing with. I'm leaving this morning, but I'll be back online soon to start making plans.
granite_grrl

Return to Nova Scotia