Stoners - Boulderfest Beer Fund Donations

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Stoners - Boulderfest Beer Fund Donations

Postby peter » Fri May 13, 2005 11:23 am

Stoners:

Last year an anonymous, rich benefactor donated the beer to Boulderfest, on behalf of the fictional "Nova Scotia Trad Climbers Association".

This year, the anonymous benefactor is hoping that the Stoners Anarcho Climbing Collective (SACC) will make the same donation.

As we have no bylaws, meetings, budget or establish procedure to consider such ideas, I am bringing the "motion" here.

Can we each come up with about $20? We are probably the only climbers in Halifax with real jobs (some might say the only real climbers in Halifax, with or without jobs).

If you are willing and able, I will collect and buy.

Steve P, Sean K, Peter, Thom, Mike, Sean C., Steve F. ... who else? We need about $150, if my memory serves me correctly.

When opening your wallet, please think if the poor, beer-starved children that will attend Boulderfest and give generously.

Don't judge them harshly as a result of their religion (or lack thereof), gender (or lack their of), hair length (surplus thereof), attitide toward the military (ignorance is bliss), ridiculous hats (winter hats in summer?), love of hackey sack, Ultimate and all things flakey (what's that about?), inability to climb while wearing a shirt of any description, and, of course, please ignore entirely when giving, the limited, slacker, and underachieving nature of the climbing style, sometimes called "Bouldering", that they love. You will make a child so, so happy.

Peter
peter

Postby martha » Fri May 13, 2005 11:37 am

I'm in for 20$ too peter.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Stevo » Fri May 13, 2005 11:43 am

Err...lets get this straight Peter, you are supposedly on the wagon, most young boulderers don't drink and go to bed early, worried about their V numbers the next day, so you are asking me to throw in $20 to fund Kellys beer habit??
Stevo

Continued

Postby Stevo » Fri May 13, 2005 11:45 am

Oh yeah, and when the fat bastard earns about three times as much as I do??
Stevo

Continued

Postby Stevo » Fri May 13, 2005 11:57 am

....his belly already resembles a third term pregnancy, but no, youre right, there are needy children out there and I wouldn't want to be thought of as Scrooge-like, so I will cough up.

Cheers
Steve
Stevo

Stoners

Postby peter » Fri May 13, 2005 12:27 pm

Stevo:

This is all part of a master plan, to allow us to top out on all their so-called problems, once all Boulderers look like this (Sean Kelly, not to scale): http://www.williams.gi/what_is_a_beer_gut.htm

:D
peter

Postby mike » Sat May 14, 2005 12:59 pm

ummmm- If there's a ticket somehow arrangable for me... I could probably cough up for some beer.

Might be able to drum up a sound system and a dj too. I dunno if the fans of the high v's are into that sort of thing though.

Mike
mike

Postby lukelovesclimbin » Sat May 14, 2005 1:15 pm

Do it
CLimb on
Luke
lukelovesclimbin

Postby martha » Sun May 15, 2005 5:12 pm

mike wrote:ummmm- If there's a ticket somehow arrangable for me... I could probably cough up for some beer.

Might be able to drum up a sound system and a dj too. I dunno if the fans of the high v's are into that sort of thing though.

Mike

how exactly to you propose to have a sound system work on Dover Island that has no electricity?

:lol: :lol:

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Doverfest

Postby peter » Sun May 15, 2005 5:33 pm

Sounds like a dare, Mike!
A monk asked Quiglin Shiqian, "What is a person who has realized the Way?"
Quiglin said, "Embracing the ice and snow, head and eyebrows held high."
peter

Postby zig » Sun May 15, 2005 5:57 pm

i almost had a dj 2 yrs ago but he backed out at the last minute. you can rent some "silent" generators for electricity
zig

BEER??

Postby Kenny Mac » Sun May 15, 2005 8:24 pm

hey hey guys been a while.
so i am guessing that i missed the tickets for the fest, but if there is some way, some hope that i could snake in there it would be killer.
you know relive the dream of bouldering.

cheers
Kenny Mac
Kenny Mac

Postby mike » Sun May 15, 2005 9:56 pm

Dood- that's kinda of a dumb question- sort of like how do you plan to get to Dover Island when it has no bridge.
mike

Postby mike » Sun May 15, 2005 10:13 pm

ok- I've got emails sent out to a few people who might be willing to play...or know people willing to play. I'll keep ya'll posted as to what's going on. And yes- there are silent generators for rent- surprisingly cheap- surprisingly quiet. Last time I used one- we kept walking over to it to start it up to find it was already running.
mike

Postby martha » Mon May 16, 2005 8:46 am

Do people want a DJ at boulderfest though?

martha

Postby Eager » Mon May 16, 2005 8:55 am

I wonder how much it would cost to get one of those beer tents that Mcfarlands rents? In case the weather gets like it did last year! plus a good place to store beer, hide from the sun, or house a dj!
Eager

Postby martha » Mon May 16, 2005 9:04 am

I can call and find out how much, and I'll talk to the rest of the board about it.

Eager...what's with your hair? Man! I was like, who is that guy Zig is filming? with the locks!!

looking fine my friend.

martha

Postby Fred » Mon May 16, 2005 10:29 am

I don't want a dj :?

but that's just my 2 cents
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Mon May 16, 2005 11:57 am

I'm with Fred on that.

Dover is peaceful and beautiful. Part of the reason i think people love to go there.

not to mention...not everyone will like the music that the DJ may play.

martha

Postby Eager » Mon May 16, 2005 1:13 pm

Yeah the hair, kinda Rock Starish, I've been trying to convince my buddy Zac to let me in his band. I've unfortunately got a hair appointment in an hour, mostly because I can't see the road when I'm driving anymore.

You like the Shag Eh?
Eager

Postby Zamboni » Mon May 16, 2005 5:27 pm

Eager,

Nice pic, where was that at? The house thing isn't going to happen for me this year so I'm interested in those little play boat things. Whens the next time you guys are heading out.

Conan.
Zamboni

Postby Eager » Mon May 16, 2005 10:13 pm

Not sure, I've been pretty busy recently, best to wait until it warms up a bit!
Eager

Return to Nova Scotia