Palmolive Beta

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

Palmolive Beta

Postby Ammex » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:51 am

Planning to take a drive up and check out the Palmolive area outside Kentville and was hoping there might be some beta floating around. The guide book gives directions and that's where it ends. Anyone been there? Is it worth the trip up? Any route info kicking around? Thanks!
Ammex

Re: Palmolive Beta

Postby Nette » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:23 pm

It's not too bad except for the green slime on the bottom of most of the routes. I went there in the summer and it's fairly easy to get to. When you get to the intersection of Old Baxter Mill Rd. and Long Beach road, find place to park and head down to the beach. It should be on your right if you are looking out to the water. If you are interested in some other bouldering spots around the valley give me a shout, I've been developing all summer.
Nette

Postby The Teth » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:08 am

Here is the mini guide.

http://novascotiaclimb.tripod.com/guide_palmolive.html

Mostly really easy, but it is a nice to climb on something that is not granite for a change. Enjoy.
The Teth
The Teth

Postby The Teth » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:13 am

To correct Nate’s description, I think it is to your left if you are looking toward the water. You can see the road in the far left of the panoramic photo in the guide which faces inland.
The Teth
The Teth

Return to Nova Scotia