routes in Digby

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

routes in Digby

Postby martha » Sun May 29, 2005 4:33 pm

Fred and I were in Sandy Cove today.

the woodticks were there, the black flies were there, and we managed to get two anchors placed for some routes.

nothing is yet cleaned or bolted but we will return in a few weekends and finish things up.

Route names and grades to follow.

There will be some really nice lines there once things are cleaned up. The rock is super nice.

Cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Ropeguy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:14 pm

Where is Sandy cove?We have friends in Digby and get over often to paddle in the basin or down the coast,Sure would like to add some rock ontop of that......
Ropeguy

Sandy Cove

Postby peter » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:20 am

Twenty minutes by car south of Digby, down the Digby Neck. The cliff is behind you and to the right, when you are in the "centre" of town. You can't miss it, looking from anywhere in Sandy Cove. There are marked paths to the top, starting on a dirt road going west off the highway, and a descent gully is the main feature to orient yourself to routes. There are trad and sport routes in Cassidy's N.S. Climbing Guide, and routes being added (sport and TR, I imagine).
A monk asked Quiglin Shiqian, "What is a person who has realized the Way?"
Quiglin said, "Embracing the ice and snow, head and eyebrows held high."
peter

Postby Fred » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:34 am

Sandy Cove has no established sport routes as of yet. Troute Cove is where the established trad and sport climbing is. The two places are about 10 minutes appart. Troute Cove is in Centerville. I'd check that place out before Sandy Cove since there is little development for the moment in Sandy Cove. Troute Cove is pretty much exausted for development and Sandy Cove has room for 5-10 lines. We put two anchors up since the cliff is a huge rock outcrop at the top and trees are way back.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to Nova Scotia