seanT

Re: What is the G Spot?

Postby tintanium » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:04 pm

"Finding the G-Spot has changed my life"

- a very satisfied user
tintanium

Postby seanT » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 am

If you need help finding the G Spot come out to the CNS AGM at Ground Zero this sunday and take the blue pill.
seanT

Postby elizabeth g » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Don Pepito free soloing Fat Tuesday!
Attachments
Don Peito.jpg
elizabeth g

Postby Seb » Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Exsanguination 5.10b T G 20m FFA: Sebastian Launcelott, Michelle Loyd

Apparently, today I was the first person to cleanly lead one of the cracks at the G-spot. The route can be found after passing through the cave, at the most distant end of the development. It was cleaned by Michelle Loyd and has apparently been aided by old man (Jamie) Simpson; however, it had not yet received a free ascent. The climb is about 20 m in height, although Michelle and I scrambled to the top of the first 5 m to reach a ledge where the second could better see the lead and provide a more solid belay for the business. The route protects well and the crux involves some pretty burley hand jams and finger locks.
Seb

Postby seanT » Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 am

Sounds like a good line...if it is the trad route that starts just to the right of Todds 5.6 Bye Bye Beeep, then sadly it was led bout 2 weeks ago. Starts on dirty ramp, little bit wet at start, then up corner on semi hollow and loose stuff to a huge boulder with a tree behind it, follow crack from that boulder to under roof..traverse right on tips crack then finish up perfect corner crack to a 2 bolt anchor. The line is called Slice and Dice due to the fact that I nearly cut the end of my thumb off whilst limbing some of the trees and also to the near severing of my static line when a large loose flake busted off and smoked my line at the base of the route. I felt it was in the 10a/b ish range so sounds like might be same line.
Nice climbing if it is that route. I thought it was quite spicy. There will be a mini topo out soon to let folks know where all the already done lines are.
WORDDDDDD
SeanT
seanT

Postby Seb » Mon May 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Yeah, that’s the one. Oh well. It’s funny that we both had similar things in mind in terms of a name. By the way, props to you and Todd for developing this new area. It’s nice to have some more sport climbing near Halifax. This crag will also force the development of some slab technique, which isn’t the case in many of the other areas.
Seb

Postby Nate » Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Not the first trad climb either. Hollywood wall has one too.
Nate

Postby Seb » Thu May 06, 2010 9:03 am

Hey Sean,

After talking to Dave Willsie, who apparently belayed you on the route in question, I’m not convinced that we’re talking about the same climb. He mentioned that you had just cleaned your route the day you climbed it, whereas the one I’m talking about was apparently cleaned by Michelle Loyd a while ago. He also mentioned that the crack you climbed was off-width; the one I climbed is hands to fingers. You also mentioned ending to the right; the route I’m talking about ended after traversing left. Hopefully the attached photo will help to resolve the issue.

Seb
Attachments
IMG_0717 small.jpg
Seb

Postby chameleon » Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 am

For the record, I have climbed that birch tree three or four times.

Seb, dude, when are you gonna clean off yer own dam route - all that youthful energy and free time. Come on man, step up.
chameleon

Postby seanT » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Said with my best hill billy accent "God damn boy thats a FA!" Nice work Seb. Indeed that is not the route I led but the next one that was on my hit list. Looks like pretty rad climbing that shares the same finish with Slice and Dice. Do You think your line would go straight up over the little roof? It sure looked like it. Either way strong work....and Congrats I will add it to my soon to be released mini topo to the G Spot.
Sean.
seanT

Postby Seb » Thu May 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Very exciting! A direct route could be established with a bolt on the bolder to finish off the climb. There's definitley holds there - just no pro.
Seb

Postby Scooter » Fri May 07, 2010 7:04 am

Good job boys. I cannot wait to experience the G spot. I have heard many good things. I have done some cleaning around the area, but have not actually got on.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Adam » Fri May 07, 2010 9:09 am

Scooter wrote:Good job boys. I cannot wait to experience the G spot. I have heard many good things. I have done some cleaning around the area, but have not actually got on.

I feel bad for your wife. :P
Adam

Postby mick » Mon May 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Nice sends Seb and Sean. I've got to get out there this weekend and add another tard line I've got my eye on (if it's still open when I get there).
mick

Postby Ryan_woods » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:31 pm

I will add it to my soon to be released mini topo to the G Spot.

Is there any word on this yet?? I was debating going there on the weekend but lack the experience to judge the grades of routes so something like a mini topo would be greatly appreciated.
Ryan_woods

Postby bkapow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Q: Why is it called the Gspot? A: 'Cause when you're there it feels so good...

Actually, I have no idea why it's called the Gspot, but did climb some routes there on the weekend.

Thanks to all who worked on this area. It's quite lovely, some long slab climbs. I understand Sean and Todd did a lot of work here (apologies if names in error). Many thanks gents.

I'm from Ontario and while it's been a bit of a challenge finding crags and partners. Thanks to folks like Andrew N and Richard L, and learning about areas like this, so far so good.
bkapow

Postby pulldown » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Thanks for all the Thanks. It's nice to know the effort is appreciated.
By the way, We are not done out there yet either. I have my eyes on a 3 or 4 more routes and there will probably be more by the end of this winter.
Spread the GSpot Love!
pulldown

Return to Nova Scotia