sorrows end

It’s sharp....really sharp!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl, peter, Climb Nova Scotia, Matt Peck

sorrows end

Postby william » Sat May 15, 2010 8:10 am

Would there be anyone so kind as to give me current directions to sorrows end? Also if anyone is interested in going sunday I have a car and sport gear.

-William
william

Re: sorrows end

Postby Matt Peck » Sat May 15, 2010 10:23 am

hey buddy, as you go through terrance bay there will be a large flat area by the water on your right coming from halifax. that's where the old cannery used to be. Its now a big parking lot, and you should be able to see a little gazebo in the distance on the left looking out from the road. park here and walk back towards halifax about 200 m Look for a rough and steep trail going uphill on your left, right after a driveway. this will head steeply uphill with a house in view about 30m on the right. after about 50m uphill, sometimes following flagging, you will intersect an ATV trail. Cross and regain the footpath, trending left over an old rotted tent platform and futher into the woods. You will intersect one more atv trail and regain the footpath on the other side again. After this point it's about 30 minutes of walking through the undergrowth on the trail till you begin heading uphill, and around a large boulder. at that point just stay on the trail and keep heading uphill. You should come up on the topside of the sorrows cliff. the hike down to the base is easiest to climbers right of the face. there is another way in, but this is the only one that I know of.
Wont be free on sunday, but maybe thurs?
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Quinn » Sat May 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Here is the relevant GPS info for Sorrows End:

1. Driving directions to trail head from Halifax

2. Approach to Sorrows End
Quinn

Postby Quinn » Sat May 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Total distance 1.5 km, time 25 mins at 3.5 km/hr. The trail consists of ATV tracks and is quite obvious (clearly visible even on the Google satellite images); however, it branches several times, but from this lower route Sorrows End is visible for most of the approach serving as a landmark.
Quinn

Return to Nova Scotia